Looking at pitbikes?

hello, newbie here, but i am an experienced rider. im looking at pitbikes and maybe spend around 8-900 or less if possible, are ssr pit bikes good? im trying to find a bike i can toy around with. what bikes would you recomend? im about 5 foot 8 ish? lol and i weigh about 135. thanks for your input.

I have been researching pitbikes lately. They are all pretty-much the same. Upgrading seems simple since all brands are using the same engines, frames, plastic body work. The only brand with any identity is Pitster. The LXR's have a unique frame and rear suspension. Almost bought the G2MOTO. But have since realized Orion offers the same bike, exact in almost every detail. When spending as little as you are, buy from a dealer who's been around for some time, someone who answers the phone when you call. I found Jason at Orion to be that guy. I made 6 phone calls today. Nobody answered, nobody returned my calls. Only Orion. And they can modify your bike with cams and porting before they ship it! Thats impressive.

I have been researching pitbikes lately. They are all pretty-much the same. Upgrading seems simple since all brands are using the same engines, frames, plastic body work. The only brand with any identity is Pitster. The LXR's have a unique frame and rear suspension. Almost bought the G2MOTO. But have since realized Orion offers the same bike, exact in almost every detail. When spending as little as you are, buy from a dealer who's been around for some time, someone who answers the phone when you call. I found Jason at Orion to be that guy. I made 6 phone calls today. Nobody answered, nobody returned my calls. Only Orion. And they can modify your bike with cams and porting before they ship it! Thats impressive.

that is what im thinking, but arent they based off like the hondas? like would an fmf pipe fit or is it different?

They are based off the Hondas. The pipe would have fit the frame. And measure the head pipe, where it bolts to the head. The diameter of it. Some of these chinese engines are built by a company that "went-to-bed" with Honda. Even Suzuki has a chinese company building engines. Jason can help you with the details. Good guy...

we can do that as well and you should also look at the SSR 160R as it is it's own unique chassis design and was actually designed and tested in the USA before production. We can also modify bikes before we ship them. We can custom build any bike the way you want it actually.

Right. I think Staggs, TBolt and Pitster all have better reputations. I can't speak about Orion's service, but I've read a lot of mixed reviews o their bikes.

ok well what is the difference between the ssr 125 e4 and the e2? just wheel size? even before i began looking at pitbikes i always heard that Orion were junk but thats just what ive heard.

They all share the same engine brands, frames (with one or two rare exceptions),suspension components/designs,wheels,plastics,cables,seats,etc,etc. I called Stagg, T Bolt, G2MOTO. Only got their answering machines. Left messages. Have gotten no call-backs. ORION answered their phone, while he was at lunch even! We talked for 25 minutes and he was very cordial. With the exception of the Pitster bikes, they're all the same. Whats that they say about 1st impressions? Ya only get one...

They all share the same engine brands, frames (with one or two rare exceptions),suspension components/designs,wheels,plastics,cables,seats,etc,etc. I called Stagg, T Bolt, G2MOTO. Only got their answering machines. Left messages. Have gotten no call-backs. ORION answered their phone, while he was at lunch even! We talked for 25 minutes and he was very cordial. With the exception of the Pitster bikes, they're all the same. Whats that they say about 1st impressions? Ya only get one...

ok well if its the same why do the have an e4 and an e2 lol.. u saying its the same bike only difference is the companies service?

Good question! Both have a single tube backbone (similar to a Honda 50). Steering head parallel to seat base. Both have a wheelbase of 43.5. Both share a seat height of 31.5. Ground clearance identical @ 11.25. Doesn't look like that Stomp frame. Doesn' t look like Pitster X4B frame or the LXR frame. But it sure does look alot like everybody else's frame! Thats what I'm sayin. Very interchangeable.

ive been looking at the ssr dx-3 and i think i might get that one but now ive stumbled upon this "LB Racing" 125? is this a good bike? overall would it be better then the ssr 110?

http://www.sgr-usa.com/product_info.php?cPath=159_151&products_id=478

Well we no longer have the LBR 125 available. The SSR110dx is a good bike and there are alot of happy owners out there with them. If this is your price range then it is a great bike to get.