honda XR250R or yamaha TT250?

hi there a little while back i was thinking of selling my 84 xr250 and buying a later model TT250.

what is better and what are the differences? like horse power wise weight ect ect.

i know the tt 250 is double over head cam, but im ot shure to get one or not?

i personally would like a later model XR but dont know if i can afford it!!

let me know what you think!!

rergards.

• 2 weeks later...

What are you talking about man?! Red's the way to go!!

hmm, sorry I'm just not a fan for finicky bikes that need a lot of attention, IMO Xr's were discontinued for the [lack of] service needed from the dealers since they DON'T Break...

I was just helping my cousing with his WR and man that thing has way too many parts, my XR is as simple as pie!

Ride on!

I have owned several XR250s, 280s, have ridden friends' TTR250s, the TTR can be massaged into a decent trail bike, but in stock form, IMHO, it is a slug, the XR will run away from it.

Ditto.

thanks guys i think reds the way to go to but a later model than 85 for me becouse i keep having problems!!!! i mean comon man i like XR's alot but mines a hunk of crap!!!

i had to get a new output shaft and ended up with a mint 85 XR250RE (last was a RF) complete gearbox.i then put it in the bike and the cam timing was out by 2 teeth!!!!!!!(not my fualt as i did not put together) i then sent it back 2 get new valves. got it all back together again and THEN there was no spark!!!! so if u ask me id rather an XR but later model!!!haha

thanks guys i think reds the way to go to but a later model than 85 for me becouse i keep having problems!!!! i mean comon man i like XR's alot but mines a hunk of crap!!!

i had to get a new output shaft and ended up with a mint 85 XR250RE (last was a RF) complete gearbox.i then put it in the bike and the cam timing was out by 2 teeth!!!!!!!(not my fualt as i did not put together) i then sent it back 2 get new valves. got it all back together again and THEN there was no spark!!!! so if u ask me id rather an XR but later model!!!haha

I would try and find a 96 or newer if you can. updated motor, suspension, and ergonomics make these really solid bikes.

Yeah if you want to get a good newer, air cooled 4 stroke woods bike, the only place to turn is to the xr line. you just can't beat the reliability of the motor and the plushness of the suspension. the nastier it gets better they work. proven by these rock garden photos of me passing up to new yamahas that passed me later in the sand whoops. but man i got them in the rock garden. lol The inside guy stalled and tipped over and the guy on the outside kept stalling out in the rocks. i just kind of did wide legged stance and let the thing tractor across. if you look close at the last picture you can actually see where it flicked out a rock about the size of my head.

823143600_wkfb20101045.jpg

823143725_wkfb20101046.jpg

823143813_wkfb20101047.jpg

I would try and find a 96 or newer if you can. updated motor, suspension, and ergonomics make these really solid bikes.

hell yea i want a later model but from the looks of things i can barely afford a 89XR becouse thats AT the very LEAST the oldest im wanting other wise im thinking of DR/DRZ they seem to be cheaper. i had a 02 DR200 before hand but i think was a piece of shit.🤣

now the old BEAST of an XR has got no spark!!! 👍

BUT!!! i am going to get a new coil 4 it tomorow. i have already put a new pickup in it so fingers crossed!!! lets HOPE it goes now!!!!:applause:🙂

Yeah if you want to get a good newer, air cooled 4 stroke woods bike, the only place to turn is to the xr line. you just can't beat the reliability of the motor and the plushness of the suspension. the nastier it gets better they work. proven by these rock garden photos of me passing up to new yamahas that passed me later in the sand whoops. but man i got them in the rock garden. lol The inside guy stalled and tipped over and the guy on the outside kept stalling out in the rocks. i just kind of did wide legged stance and let the thing tractor across. if you look close at the last picture you can actually see where it flicked out a rock about the size of my head.

823143600_wkfb20101045.jpg

823143725_wkfb20101046.jpg

823143813_wkfb20101047.jpg

you have a MEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bike dude!!!! i want it!!!!!!!!!!! haha:banana:

• 3 months later...
thanks guys what do u think the 1985 xr350s are like?? compared to the twin carb 250s??

The '85 XR350 is a great bike, way ahead of the twin carb 250, I owned two. The suspension is the limiting factor performancewise. Also, third gear is weak and can cause problems.