Sign in to follow this  

Motocross Who's the next RC(like)/MC(like) rider to dominate MX/SX

Just wondering who the next dominant rider will be.What do you guys(gals) think.I am split between Dungey and RV myself.By dominant I mean MX/SX for at least a few years just like the good 'ol days.Week in week out riding through injuries and such.I would say Stewart but.......................no comment.Pourcel could be in the mix as well.Just a random thought.:thumbsup:Do not want to bash anyone as that is not what my post is about.What say you?

I really don't know. Its just too early to tell for most of these guys. Villopoto is super fast but, sometimes he makes silly mistakes and has already dealt with some injuries already.

But I think because of how well he's done and his composure we forget that Dungey is a rookie. Sure, he' s a little vanilla and PC but the kid has a ridiculous work ethic. He could quite possibly be a 450 Supercross Champion at 20 years old. His demeanor helps him because he doesn't seem to get flustered and just works hard every week.

Im telling you BARCIA!!! If Barcia can get his starts and stamina up he will be a threat next year.

Im telling you BARCIA!!! If Barcia can get his starts and stamina up he will be a threat next year.

I love Barcia but this is his first full season of SX and he'll be going into his 2nd MX season.

I think he has all the tools to be great but, I'm just going by the here and now 450 class. I don't think anyone will pass MC's SX record though, its pretty amazing and riders just don't last long enough.

Just wondering who the next dominant rider will be.

Don't think there will be a "dominant" rider in the foreseeable future.

I think RV, RD, and Christophe "Pissoff" Pourcel will give us some great battles for titles for a while, and once they get a little more experience Wilson and Barcia (if someone doesn't kill him) will be in the mix.

Don't think there will be a "dominant" rider in the foreseeable future.

I think RV, RD, and Christophe "Pissoff" Pourcel will give us some great battles for titles for a while, and once they get a little more experience Wilson and Barcia (if someone doesn't kill him) will be in the mix.

That's what got me thinking.I know allot of the guys have drive and talent but to do what Ricky and Jeremy and many more greats that came before them it will take a rider that keeps it on the wheels and finishing full seasons.That is why I picked RD and RV .With so many accidents sidelining some serious front runners I think it will come down to being tough and a little luck as well.Today's guys are pushing soooo hard that it bums me out to see great talent having to sit out 1/2 to full seasons.If it were easy ...we could all do it.Wilson and Barcia have what it takes as do many others.Josh Grant could be "that guy" but has had some tough times.

Canard is looking good but maybe not to dominate RV and RD will be in it for awhile and Barcia will be there too as to the future look to Tomac if he's anythng lie his dad he will have the right stuff. His dad was the Hanna of mountian bikes.

Well as long as James is riding it will be him, and the Ryans will battle for second.

I dont know if James has been riding enough lately to impress me with dominance. RV will cut down on mistakes the older he gets and he could be a canidate. RD, not sure as I feel like RV will always be his thorn. I think there are enough good riders right now where we not see another RC/MC anytime soon. Plus you cant count out JLaw, he will be on top again shortly.

Plus you cant count out JLaw, he will be on top again shortly.

You just added numerous pages of posts to this thread. 👍

🤣

JS will dominate outdoors if he ever race's them again, SX? who knows, I would still say Bubba if he can stay healthy.

You just added numerous pages of posts to this thread. 👍

🤣

I know. lol

I like to plant the seed, come back a few hours later and see how it has grown! 🙂

RV leading up to last outdoors season had won every outdoors championship he was in... something RC had done. And RV got hurt last year, but he was dominant until he got hurt, so... I think it could be RV outdoors, but indoors Dungey seems to have his number... I think those 2 will be on top for a while.

I don't think we have seen him yet in the pro ranks unless JS stays healthy and focused for another 4 years and can avg 10 wins per season SX. The next level guys, RV, RD, CP, etc.. are going to be great battles for a few years but I don't see any of them dominating like RC and Mac did.

Who is the guy that had all the hype a couple of years ago but has been suffering from injury? Was it Ben Townley? How about that guy if he ever gets healthy?

Who is the guy that had all the hype a couple of years ago but has been suffering from injury? Was it Ben Townley? How about that guy if he ever gets healthy?

Same with Hepler........what could have been.Broc has it but tends to get hurt way too often.Great attitude and work ethic IMO.I would love to see B-Hep healthy for an entire season as well as Townley.

The closest thing to RC these days is Villopoto. If that damn silencer didn't get plugged he would probably be leading the series in points now.

JS will dominate outdoors if he ever race's them again, SX? who knows, I would still say Bubba if he can stay healthy.

What are you smokin? JS is fast no doubt but his specialty is SX. Even with JS racing the Outdoors, if he does, RV will still be the title favorite. Don't even try to bring up 08 because JS didn't have Reed, Dungey or Poto to deal with back then. I have a lot of respect for all the guys on the starting gate but there just wasn't any true JS capable competition in 08.

I don't think we have seen him yet in the pro ranks unless JS stays healthy and focused for another 4 years and can avg 10 wins per season SX. The next level guys, RV, RD, CP, etc.. are going to be great battles for a few years but I don't see any of them dominating like RC and Mac did.

Why am I not surprised. . .🤣

👍

🙂

I know. lol

I like to plant the seed, come back a few hours later and see how it has grown!🤣

:lol:Your as bad as I am.👍