Sign in to follow this  

TTC was great!!!

I don't even know where to start, how about from the first phone call to driving out the driveway to go home was great. I rented one of their cabins that let me be right in the middle of all the action.I was suprised how many people came up to me and asked me about my fan not working. Theres alot of people that read TT. Hearing the bikes riding around was so cool. I got to pick just what I wanted to do and tried to get the training that I thought would do me the most good. I took the basic class first. I found out how to use my feet to steer better, as well as some better ways to practice. Then I took a balance and hopping class that showed me how to realy hop my front and rear wheels around. I didn't just start hopping around like a pro, but I have a lot better understanding of what needs to be done to do it, now I can practice it and get good at it. Floater turns were next and Ryan Young made it look easy. last class of the day was Rocky Creek beds.When the class started the instructor was none other then TT's Darrell Davis. He to started out with "I see you got your fan fixed", then he told me who he was I was pumped to be in his class. He showed all of the class how to ride through some ruff rocky crap. We talked after class and then he took me around the place to some cool spots. I was glad he was my last class of the day so we could do some riding. You hear people talk alot on here about trials and sometimes you don't know if they know what there talking about. Darrell does. His bike is spotless,his skid plate is a mirror top and bottom. He took me to The Saw Mill,and Ramp rock where I threw my bike down trying to follow him. He showed me how to go up this I don't even know what to call it. It was a sharp rock sticking out with nothing under it on a short up hill with a dip in front of it. after doing it he showed me a better way to do it and I was pumped. He showed me Bread Rock, it looked like a loaf of bread but way bigger. It's the biggest rock I've gotten up on. I was a little nervous. Once again he explained where to put my front tire and what to do so I went for it. I did it a couple of times. I had to put my bike on reserve and we were out a little ways so we had to go back. Thanks Darrell for the help and the fun, I can't wait to do more of that stuff. The next day started out with hill climbs, I love hills. I was alittle bummed at first that we wern't at some monster hill. It turned out it was the perfect place to learn how to do hills the right way. It started to just poor down rain and made it just that much more challinging. Friday when everybody was coming in people were messing around in the yard with a bunch of artifical stuff they have. They have logs,and cement blocks littered around. I met a couple of guys from Conn. and R.I. Lou showed me how to get up on some block of cement, I haddn't done anything like that before, it was a rush to do it. Thanks Lou. I can't wait to go back next year, and I can't wait to put all that I learned to work. I remember going to motocross tracks and feeling cool cause I was one of the fast guys. I hadn't had that feeling with my trials riding. On my way home thinking about the stuff I did, and what I can now do I'm getting very excited to go to an event and see what I can do. I know I've got alot more to learn but I'm pretty sure this stuff is making me real happy that I got into trials. I think I'm going to get a new bike in the near future, what kind i don't know but I think I'm into this stuff pretty deep.TTC is a awsome place, I know I'll be back next year for sure.

Sounds great Mike - Glad to hear you enjoyed the class and hooked up with some great people. Thats cool that Darrell was your instructor and took you around. Overall, your experience is sounds typical of other TTC training day accounts. I need to go next year.👍

Very cool. Thanks for sharing. Makes me want to go ride. TTC staff and terrain are the best. At the World Round in 08 I heard one of the Euros say "this is a trials paradise"

Mike, it was a pleasure meeting you and getting to ride with you!!! For the rest of you, mike is a great guy, and a lot of fun to ride with. Can't wait to hoop up with you again. Wish you lived closer. Thanks for the kind words. O, and by the way...your bike looks as good as i've ever seen. Everyone can tell you have a eye for detail.

Td

Mike, sent picts of breadrock to you and your daughter. I'm not real tech. Minded, so let me know if they did not come in. I'll get my daughter to send them to you. Also sent you my office and cell #, in a pm, stay in contact!!!

Td