Under the Helmet

I know it sounds kind of crazy, but could it work? 2-Way contact with the riders? Feedback from the riders on whats going on. Sound effects from crashes and crazy moments in a race? That stuff is pretty cool from NASCAR. Of course this isn't nascar and riders are at a way higher heart rate, but mic'd up? And to see thier faces or the look in thier eyes when the race is on the line or when making a pass? That would be pretty cool.

I know I am talking to myself all the time under the helmet.

I should write "The Moto" and see if it sticks.

everytime i see a mechanic with a head set on i think the same thing. I doubt the rider would say too much. But maybe helpful for a spotter to tell his rider whats going on.

Maybe if some lappers had em, they could get told when to pull over

AMA rules prohibit any in helmet communication between riders and team members. A few years ago when TP199 did the Atlanta track and races he had the Nitro Circus crew with and they tried to get it set up so that they could talk back and fourth during the race but AMA would not allow it.

I'm sure it has to do with unfair advantage to teams with large budgets and privateers that could not afford to own a setup like that.