Sign in to follow this  

Autoclutch vs trials tire

I just got the Rekluse. 👍 My buddy just got a rear trials tire.🤣

If money was no object but you could only get one which would you choose?

For trail riding go for the Trials tire. While riding I can always pull in the clutch lever to prevent stalling but I don't know how to quickly improve traction. However if traction is not a problem where you ride and operating the clutch is then go for the Rekluse.

When racing preventing stalls during a race is probably more important to how you place than traction.

rekluse, it made more of a difference for me than my trials tire did, but I would definitely still get a trials tire too

i love using the clutch and shifting and everything and hate bikes without a manual clutch

i'd get the tire

i love using the clutch and shifting and everything and hate bikes without a manual clutch

i'd get the tire

you can keep your clutch with the rekluse, I have mine, but basically never use it now

I just got the Rekluse. 👍 My buddy just got a rear trials tire.🤣

If money was no object but you could only get one which would you choose?

I would choose a riding class so I could learn to ride better and not need either one, and spend the extra money on beer and hookers. 🙂

I would choose a riding class so I could learn to ride better and not need either one, and spend the extra money on beer and hookers. 👍

a riding class does not eliminate either of the things a rekluse or a trials tire does, both have nothing to do with learning to ride better. There's a lot of us on here that have rode 30 years and immediately saw the difference in traction that a trials tire makes.

marketing shoved at us from all directions says knobby tires are better, that's a hard habit to break

I would choose a riding class so I could learn to ride better and not need either one, and spend the extra money on beer and hookers. 👍

LOL...I have Rekluse Pro and a trials tire which is not installed yet...

I love the Rekluse Pro and as a guy who got into this later in life it is a big help...

I have a trials tire and a FFW on my 200..... Its cheap....so i can afford it,,,,,

I have never had a trials tire but have a rekluse on my 501 Berg--I really have no need for more traction.

yeah I used to think that too, with the rekluse the power delivery is sooo smooth you dont break loose unless you want to

that was right up until I tried trail riding with a trials tire, if you are a smooth rider, you will love a trials tire. If you like to brake slide, you will need to run more air, like 10psi, and it wont hook up as good, but it'll still hook up really really well.

One of these days I need to pony up the $$ for a trials tire, it's just hard to pay $90 for a freakin tire!

and spend the extra money on beer and hookers. 🙂
👍

BUT,

"that's a hard habit to break" :applause:

Maybe I'll just try a trials tire too. Nothing wrong with having every possible advantage. Thanks for the replies guys.🤣

One of these days I need to pony up the $$ for a trials tire, it's just hard to pay $90 for a freakin tire!

lmao, an average tire around here costs 80-100$.

a nice scorpion tire or other one like that is 140-150$ 👍

no wonder you guys can afford to change your rear tires every 2 rides and we ride ours until the knobs are 1/8 inch tall!

a riding class does not eliminate either of the things a rekluse or a trials tire does, both have nothing to do with learning to ride better. There's a lot of us on here that have rode 30 years and immediately saw the difference in traction that a trials tire makes.

marketing shoved at us from all directions says knobby tires are better, that's a hard habit to break

lol. it depends on what you want do whether knobbies are better or not.

I use a trials tire in the summer because it's easier on the trails and because they last me 3 times as long as a knobby, so it's MUCH cheaper.

But I race with a knobby because race courses are easy so a trials tires offers a skilled rider no advantages, and has some disadvantages in flat resistance and cornering predictability.

👍

and has some disadvantages in flat resistance

please explain, I thought it was better because you cant have pinch flats (I use a nuetech tubeless)

and you can plug holes with a regular tire plug kit