PICS - Force Radiator Guards WITH Stock Air Deflectors

Thought i'd post up some pictures of the Force Honda Radiator Guards that i installed today. Basically, the only issue i have with them is that the clearance for the support arms were too far from the frame.....so in the evident of a crash, the guards can move too much. See below.

IMG_0678.jpg

i fixed this issue buy purchasing some longer bolts & washers and installed them...

IMG_0681.jpgIMG_0685.jpgIMG_0686.jpg

Now there is much less clearance and should fair better in a tip over. Some more pics of the braces are attached below if anyones interested...

IMG_0677.jpgIMG_0687.jpgIMG_0682.jpg

Note: Stock plastic air vents can be re-installed. The guards retail for AUS$196, but got them for around $140. Bike is a 2010 250r

Edited by dabrowski

It looks like the braces are real tough! The bad part is that where the grill is at to let the air through the radiator looks very restricting. I'd be curious to see how much hotter it runs and how long before it boils over sitting still. Probably wouldn't take very long. That would be my biggest concern.

Good News, managed to fit the stock Air Deflector's onto the Radiator Braces. The braces are rock solid, and now the radiators should get plenty of air flow through them. Only had to do a slight amount of cutting using a sharp knife.

Image0185.jpgImage0189.jpgImage0190.jpgImage0186.jpg

Good News, managed to fit the stock Air Deflector's onto the Radiator Braces. The braces are rock solid, and now the radiators should get plenty of air flow through them. Only had to do a slight amount of cutting using a sharp knife.

Am confused...how do the air deflectors help in getting more air to the radiators. I had always heard those plastic pieces were roost reflectors so rocks and debris did not have a direct path into the radiator fins.