Which brake pads should I buy, OEM or after market? Why?

I have a Honda 2008 crf450r and i am going to buy a set of new rear brake pads soon to replace, and i was wondering if i should buy OEM'S (original equipment manufactures or something like that) or after market non-oem's brake pads.

I rang my dealer, the shop from which i bought my bike,new, and i said "hi, i want to buy rear brake pads for my bike" and he said wait I'll look it up for you and he asked what make and model my bike was so im assuming he was going to find the brake pads for MY bike inparticular. Is that an OEM part?

I then rang a shop which sells motorcycle parts in general only and he too asked me what make and model my bike was an i told him and he said that he has them, and the brand is EBC brakes. Are they any good, and is that considered an aftermarket brake pad. I think im right.

Any way, my question is, is the dealer one an OEM and is the other shop an aftermarket part,..............and which should i buy and why?

(by the way, dealer price, about $50AUD, other shop, $39.95AUD)

thanks all:thumbsup:

EBC makes excellent brakes. If you're going to be riding in the wet...get sintered metal. If your in the wet or dry you can get away with an organic pad...but they'll wear faster. If in the dry HOT, or you ride your brakes a lot...get the kevlar. Don't put the kevlar on if you ride in the wet.

EBC does make great pads. I ran them all the time on my sport bikes. I can't imagine the compounds change to much for the dirt. But if they can slow me down from 100+ mph outings, then I trust them. Not to mention they are less expensive than oem.