Sign in to follow this  

pivot pegs or wide pegs

I have worn out 2 pairs of boots but only left boot the right boot sole is unmarked. What would be better pivot pegs or wide pegs. I stand as much as possible when i ride.

I have used Pivot Pegz for about two years with Tech 10 boots and have almost no wear on the boot soles. I didn't buy the pegs for the boot sole wear factor, I needed help getting my size 13s under the shifter which the pegs really helped.

If you get them there will be a period of adjustment. You loose the stable feeling of flat pegs but after you ride a few times you will get used to it and not have the feeling of instability anymore.

thanks will have to try both before i buy new boots

Bought the Fastway F5 pegs for my last bike, and moved them to the new bike. LOVE THEM, tough, comfortable, adjustable, and you can rebuild the parts that wear out. The points are replaceable, so when they get dull, you can put a new row in on the leading edge. You can adjust them for height and camber. The wide footprint makes for a more comfortable ride for me, I am heavy. I think the bike handles better for me, I have more control. Great product I will buy for every dirt bike I own.

Bought the Fastway F5 pegs for my last bike, and moved them to the new bike. LOVE THEM, tough, comfortable, adjustable, and you can rebuild the parts that wear out. The points are replaceable, so when they get dull, you can put a new row in on the leading edge. You can adjust them for height and camber. The wide footprint makes for a more comfortable ride for me, I am heavy. I think the bike handles better for me, I have more control. Great product I will buy for every dirt bike I own.

I have big feet and picked up some Fastway F5 pegs last year. I also feel more comfortable and like I have more control with the wider footprint of the pegs.

I have had both pivot pegs, and some oversized moose pegs. In reality, the pivot pegs are only a tiny tiny bit better in terms of control and feel, but they are a world ahead in terms of boot wear. If you have an electric start bike with pivot pegs, a pair of boots will last you forever. I rode my wr450 with pivot pegs for a few years and my boot soles looked brand new, but after a few months kicking my yz250 2stroke and riding with regular pegs, my boot soles were showing the abuse. I wouldn't run out and buy pivot pegs if I already had good oversized pegs, but if you are buying footpegs anyway, definitely go for it.