Indiana Indiana Riders, where're you at ???

I just moved to Frankfort IN this year. Just converted my XR400 for dual-sport for an upcoming trip this winter. Trying to locate someone to ride with on the weekends. I also will be testing out some cold weather camping gear and set-ups as well. I am usually available Saturday and Sunday. 

IMG_3695.JPG

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 1:10 PM, 66chad said:

Need some advice taking out a couple beginners tomorrow one female 22 on a klx140. Wondering if Lawrence county in Bedford would be good or? Inter lake I think received a bunch of rain? Some easy trails without a bunch of down trees.

Lawrence Co has gravel roads on the outside of the woods then it turns to grass then woods. There is some easy trails in there but they can lead to not so easy trails for beginners. If all else fails you can ride in the grass and hit the outside perimeter trails. I go there all the time.

No idea, never been there. Let me know if it's good, if you go.

So we went there Sunday. Me and another experienced rider then 3 beginners we actually had a great time. I say a great place for beginners hills are mild and not very steep a few rocks but nothing that technical. No single track but atv and no utvs not very rutted up with some nice flowing woods that can be rather fun to hammer down on. The grounds are well kept with nice camping area and picnic tables.

I will be returning with my daughter another day it is a great place to tune in skills build some confidence and find a little challenging stuff to build on also.
  • Like 3

The beginners I have ridden with have done much better at LCRP than Redbird. Redbird is my favorite but some have struggled there.

The beginners I have ridden with have done much better at LCRP than Redbird. Redbird is my favorite but some have struggled there.

Yep Redbird not the best terrain for beginners especially with mud.

18 hours ago, 66chad said:

So we went there Sunday. Me and another experienced rider then 3 beginners we actually had a great time. I say a great place for beginners hills are mild and not very steep a few rocks but nothing that technical. No single track but atv and no utvs not very rutted up with some nice flowing woods that can be rather fun to hammer down on. The grounds are well kept with nice camping area and picnic tables.

I will be returning with my daughter another day it is a great place to tune in skills build some confidence and find a little challenging stuff to build on also.

I might see you there sometime. My brother and I go a lot. He has an old quad he rides. Just look for the old dudes. lol Its good riding there.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2017 at 0:32 PM, Hoosier-Daddy said:

Like a C/D/trail rider and A/B. So slow guys like me don’t get in the go fast guys way.

owwww ok right on when i started i raced the cross road series and it was pretty easy and fun nothing to major it was a really good series to learn in and try to advance your self without getting ran over by a bunch of the big guys.

Hey Guys, Looking for some riding buddies for 11-18 to 11-21 for Red Bird Crest Trail in Kentucky. Can ride my CRF250X or XR650L. Trails or dual sport. Surely Indy rider isn't painting this time of year?

I'm surprised that you remember that I paint. I know I can't do the week days but I'll consider riding the weekend.

Since you were out at my place, I've added about 7 miles of of the most challenging trail yet. The two loops total about 27 miles now. :D

Edited by indy rider

Great, I'll keep you posted. I'll have to try your loop out again, you did remove those two or twelve log crossings didn't you! Ha Ha. I've got my suspension dialed in now.

Probably have over 200 logs to get over. Mother nature keeps knocking down trees. Either she is trying to block the trails or she likes watching people struggle on log crossings. :devil:

Hey All,

New to the forum here.  Found this thread.  I am relatively new to Indiana, moved to columbus 3 years ago.  Typically riding at motosupreme or an occational trip to redbird.  Haven't made in out to LCRP yet, hope to go soon.  Solid B rider, typically in the top 3 overall B on the rare occasion that I race.  Are there any other good riding spots?  Seems riding opportunities in Indiana are sparse......

Hey All,
New to the forum here.  Found this thread.  I am relatively new to Indiana, moved to columbus 3 years ago.  Typically riding at motosupreme or an occational trip to redbird.  Haven't made in out to LCRP yet, hope to go soon.  Solid B rider, typically in the top 3 overall B on the rare occasion that I race.  Are there any other good riding spots?  Seems riding opportunities in Indiana are sparse......

LCRP is surprisingly flat for the location. ‘Good’ riding areas is a matter of opinion. The Badlands is in Attica and Haspine Acres is near Connersville. Redbird is my favorite. I got tired of riding these same places so I have got into racing mwxc and ixcr, and riding dualsport events in neighboring states. There is SIGPS too-southern Indiana Grand Prix series. Maybe Indyrider will chime in, I see him throw an occasional invite out to guys of your riding level.

5 hours ago, Hoosier-Daddy said:

LCRP is surprisingly flat for the location. ‘Good’ riding areas is a matter of opinion. The Badlands is in Attica and Haspine Acres is near Connersville. Redbird is my favorite. I got tired of riding these same places so I have got into racing mwxc and ixcr, and riding dualsport events in neighboring states. There is SIGPS too-southern Indiana Grand Prix series. Maybe Indyrider will chime in, I see him throw an occasional invite out to guys of your riding level.

Redbird is my favorite also-but I'm an Interlake "homeboy", and it's getting much better there. A lot of new trails cut in, and pretty constant improvement. If you head down this way, gimme a shout. I likely don't ride your pace, but I know the place well...and I love to ride, time permitting.

• Like 1

What's up gentlemen. You're welcome to come out and help me spin some of the leaves of my trails. As some here already know, I have 27 miles of prime single track. Nothing crazy like some of the stuff at motosupreme but most is very physically demanding and/or very technical. "Lots" of logs, rocks, creeks and hills. This season I've been adding more hard enduro type stuff. The trails are normally all marked with arrows but mother nature has been rough on them this year so a lot have been knocked off. Between the missing arrows and the leaves, the trails are currently pretty hidden.

Let me know if you'd like to come out. Only thing is I don't like to ride slow.

• Like 1