Sign in to follow this  

Need uk guys help re jet (or Brainy Yank)

HI iv got mrd/ssw and doing 3x3 mod, just need help with jetting, what do i need to do with the pilot air jer. paj, do i need to buy a specific one or can i just buy the jd kit and have every think i need.

jetting specs of eddie

160 main jet

jd blue

clip 4

25 pilot jet with the stock fuel screw

2.75 turns

i belive what he tells me but does not mention any think about piot air jet

thanks for any help

A JD kit has everything you need including a range of jets suited for your altitude.(kit has only one pj)

The most important part of the kit is the red and blue needle. The jets though are standard size you can order online or from any shop.

Edited by zac949

The kit has Pilot jet, not pilot air jet. You'll need to get pilot air jet from Allensperformance.co.uk, you can get main jets from there too.

you need to change from a 165 PAJ (under the diaphram in the top of the carb) to US spec 135.. You can get it online from any US spec OEM parts list.

this is done to convert to a "US spec carb" so you can use the wealth of jetting knowledge from the TT forum. otherwise you can experiment with a bigger pilot (fuel) jet which you can probably source locally

EU bikes are leaner to pass Euro3 regulations

you need to change from a 165 PAJ (under the diaphram in the top of the carb) to US spec 135.. You can get it online from any US spec OEM parts list.

this is done to convert to a "US spec carb" so you can use the wealth of jetting knowledge from the TT forum. otherwise you can experiment with a bigger pilot (fuel) jet which you can probably source locally

EU bikes are leaner to pass Euro3 regulations

thanks thats the info i wanted 👍