Sign in to follow this  

Aluminum Throttle Tube and Wrap-Around Handguards

I am looking for a throttle tube (preferably the bearing type) that will accomodate wrap-around style handguards. Anyone have some good suggestions?

I'm wondering what other people are running.

I'm kind of tired of the hacked up grip end look that you have to do accomdate the wrap around style handguards. Anyone have some cool ideas related to this topic?

I'm not sure how the ball bearing type aluminum throttle tube would work with wrap around hand guards.The bearing is usually supported at the end of the bar.Why do you want to use an aluminum throttle tube?

I recommend the ODI Ruffian lock on grips.The end is naturally open so you dont have to do any cutting and they also come with two styles of plastic end caps if you dont use wrap around guards.They are some what bike specific so check the packaging.I have been using them for years on both my mountain bikes and dirtbikes.They come in black or grey in a half waffle design.Another added bonus is you dont need to mess with any grip glue or safety wire.The left side has two integrated clamps and the throttle side grip is fused to a throttle tube. http://www.odigrips.com/mxlock-onktm4-stroke-1.aspx

They list the same tube for a ton of bikes that use dual cables. Honda CR250R is listed as a fit and I would bet the throttle tubes between that and a XR250 would be interchangeable. After all , its only a 7/8's throttle tube.

They list the same tube for a ton of bikes that use dual cables. Honda CR250R is listed as a fit and I would bet the throttle tubes between that and a XR250 would be interchangeable. After all , its only a 7/8's throttle tube.

I think if it did fit, they would list it. Why wouldn't they? It's extra market for their product.

I think if it did fit, they would list it. Why wouldn't they? It's extra market for their product.

that is true. the two stroke carbs typically used a single cable pull not the push pull like the xr's.

that is true. the two stroke carbs typically used a single cable pull not the push pull like the xr's.

Yes. 👍

I'm not sure how the ball bearing type aluminum throttle tube would work with wrap around hand guards.The bearing is usually supported at the end of the bar.Why do you want to use an aluminum throttle tube?

I recommend the ODI Ruffian lock on grips.The end is naturally open so you dont have to do any cutting and they also come with two styles of plastic end caps if you dont use wrap around guards.They are some what bike specific so check the packaging.I have been using them for years on both my mountain bikes and dirtbikes.They come in black or grey in a half waffle design.Another added bonus is you dont need to mess with any grip glue or safety wire.The left side has two integrated clamps and the throttle side grip is fused to a throttle tube. http://www.odigrips.com/mxlock-onktm4-stroke-1.aspx

Very clean. Might get those when it's time for new grips.