Sign in to follow this  

Clutchal Tunnel

So I was riding in today and a mile or so from the house it felt like I sprained my thumb, index and f-u finger. After that I couldn't squeeze the clutch in with out some serious nerve pain, especially with the normal thumb under grip. I was able to clutch by keeping my thumb above the bar and using my pinky and ring finger. Eventually everything loosened up and by the end of my ride i was able to clutch normally so everything is fine but it definately made me think about how much it would suck to have that all the time. I think it has something to do with the fact that I have the zeta lever adjusted so far out so I can use it as a 2 finger without having to wiggle my hand around or hit my other fingers...looks like I might have to pull the trigger on some ASV shorties afterall so I can reduce the reach. Anyone else run into this?

carpal%20002.jpg

Not sure if I had some kind of "tunnel" issue or just a seriously bad case of arm-pump, but I was pretty deep in the woods and could hardly grip the bar (clutch side) at all. Wondered what the hell happened, it came on so fast. As with you it subsided after a while and I rode straight home. Haven't experienced it since. Very strange.

Mike -

I have the oem clutch lever , can operate it with one finger .

On my bigger bike ,I bought a asv set , brake lever is ok but the clutch stinks(and doesn't fit properly). Clutching the gixxer takes at least 3 fingers at downshift, and after a while , you loose the feeling in the fingers.

If I was you ,I would keep the oem lever ,or get someting better than the asv..

I have zeta levers and the two finger operation is easy and smooth, but they really are 3 finger levers so in order to have full clutch action without hitting my ring finger I have it adjusted pretty far out so the reach to grab it is a stretch

slide the leaver purtch in on the bar

this way the leaver is shorter to avoide the 2 other fingers

and you may have the leaver set up for standing on the bike putting your rist in a bind wile sitting --- rotate up to fix

I have zeta levers and the two finger operation is easy and smooth, but they really are 3 finger levers so in order to have full clutch action without hitting my ring finger I have it adjusted pretty far out so the reach to grab it is a stretch

I have the exact same problem. I did 191 miles on Saturday and 165 miles on Sunday and since then my thumb, and index finger on my clutch hand aren't quite right. They're gradually getting better, though.

slide the leaver purtch in on the bar

this way the leaver is shorter to avoide the 2 other fingers

This doesn't work because when actuating the clutch the lever hits the enormous switch assembly.