Sign in to follow this  

CRF450X Headlight Plug Pinout

Hey guys,

Hoping somebody here can help me real quick.

I thought I had this written down, and now can't find it.

Can you guys tell me the wire colors and location in the connector of the stock headlight bulb plug on the CRF450X?

I know it is a 3 short harness that attaches to the H4 bulb, and then adapts to a 3 pin Male-pinned plug.

If somebody could describe how this 3pin Male plug is pinned out,

referring from the back of the connector, with the locking tab at the top, that would be great. I need to know which wire color is in which location.

Thanks!

Evan

...since I don't have my shop manual with me here is my guesstimates.

I was just re-placing wires last night since the starting circuit came apart again! Gotta love 5 year old wiring!

1) Black Brown is just for the Starting circuit (from the clutch switch), not sure why they have it going in and out of the head-light plug?

2) Green - Ground

3) Blue - Power

I'm prolly wrong, but it is something very simple like this!

Double check!

What I was working on last night:

I basically took out the clutch activated switch by taking the Black Red from clutch and eliminated it. That and since I use ASV lever assembly it doesn't even have a place for it. So I run the Black Brown straight to the starter circuit now (from the button line). The Yellow Red is the 'power' from the Button and the Black Red/Black Brown is the 'ground' for it.

I might be slightly off on the colors but should be close enough for you to figure it out if you haven't already!

ka

Thanks NewMexican.

I actually got a phone call yesterday, and got the info I needed.

However, if you could do me another favor, I would REALLY appreciate it!

Would you be able to take a picture of the 4pin male plug on the bike's wiring harness that plugs into the regulator/rectifier under the left side airbox cover?

I would need a picture of this plug, looking from the back (as the wires slide into the connector), and oriented with the locking tab UP. I need to see which wire color is in which position in the connector when oriented in this fashion.

That would be awesome!

Thanks,

Evan