Sign in to follow this  

radiator guards

DEVOL vs UNABIKER

going to order up a set today, can get DEVOLS here local, have to order the UNABIKER... looking for feedback on the DEVOL and UNABIKER guards for 09 DRZ400S.

I can only give input on the Unabiker guards, as that's what I have installed on my bike. They are very well made, offer very good frontal protection (branches, etc) and form a strong box-section that seems likely to save the radiator from a pretty significant lateral blow (which I hope to avoid testing). Install wasn't all that difficult either.

I have run the DEVOL's all of my bike with great results. I dropped my DRZ on a stump coming down a hill one time and thought for sure the radiator was done. When I got the bike upright it was bent but intact. I rode out 30 miles. When I got home, I was able to bend one tab on the radiator and correct the rear devol bracket and was back up and running like new.

I have no experience with the unibiker. I figure the devols have worked great so I stick with them. I also run their skid plates.

Never had Devols, but my Unabikers have been thoroughly trail tested, and never missed a beat. Recommended.

I have run the DEVOL's all of my bike with great results. I dropped my DRZ on a stump coming down a hill one time and thought for sure the radiator was done. When I got the bike upright it was bent but intact. I rode out 30 miles. When I got home, I was able to bend one tab on the radiator and correct the rear devol bracket and was back up and running like new.

I have no experience with the unibiker. I figure the devols have worked great so I stick with them. I also run their skid plates.

Great story and sounds like a damn fine product. I hope my Unabikers offer the same protection in a similar incident. 👍

Devols-----meh....I have seen two different riders get their radiator messed up with Devils in very minor crashes (I witnessed both), one in MN and one in CO. After seeing that I won't pay the money to have them on my bike.

Flatlander or Unabiker IMO. I have used them both on various bikes.

You should really look into these. They work better than any devol I've ever had.

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=759129

been on for a year and change with many crashes. not so much as a bend or overheat down here in the southwest with summers over 110 for weeks.

Ummmm...you do realize you are suggesting he look at a manufacturer that does not even make rad guards for his bike right?

All things being equal, which according to Sundog they are not, the Unabikers look better than Devols...IMHO. So you get protection and pimp in one. 👍 Unabikers FTW.

thanks guys, just ordered the Unabikers... kind of bummed they are back ordered on the blue (would look sweet on the white K9 DRZ) but couldnt wait any longer since the desert 100 is next weekend 4/9-10 and ordered up the plain aluminum jobbies.

i`ve done a bunch of stuff on my zook the last few weeks (spent a small fortune too...) but all the info and advice from all the members here on TT has been invaluable.

thanks a ton guys, you all rule! 👍

Ummmm...you do realize you are suggesting he look at a manufacturer that does not even make rad guards for his bike right?

I didnt research wether they make them for his bike or not, but I know the guy is always looking for new bikes to manufacture for, maybe he could get some. Doesnt hurt to try..

And I was meerely suggesting a good product. Thank You parts number police.