Sign in to follow this  

Be nice or not be nice..

It doesn't sound like you have even said anything to him, he may not even know you're pissed at him. For all you know he may have already ordered the bars and is waiting for them to come in.?.? You're an adult, go over to his house and let him know that the situation has been bothering you and you would like to know when he is going to get your bike fixed.:thumbsup:

If he doesn't fix your bike, don't let him or his kids on your property to ride anymore, simple as that. Good luck, keep us posted. When did this incident occure?

MAX!!!

WORD UP BRUDAH OR SISTA,Also i tell people my insurance does not cover them getting hurt(which is true)and i pay to much for my bikes r others to hammer on:banghead:

:thumbsup: If you are saying that overall it is good for people to have a generous heart, that is one thing.

Thats it right there. Don't let the douche bags off the world change your generous ways. For every shit bag there are 20 worthy people out there who would be very grateful you helped them out. One day sooner or later roles may be reversed and it may be you who needs the loaner.

Now I am what one might call a free thinker and I'm not religious in any way shape or form but I do like some of the classic quotes that sum things up in one liners.

Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

The best thing to do I guess is to not let anyone ride your bike :applause: as sad as that is.

Its one thing to break something and not realize it at the time, I am sure we have all been there. But its something else to know you broke something, ADMIT IT TO THE OWNER, and not even at least insist on fixing it. :)

From the sounds of it its your spare bike, so it may not be a huge deal, but handlebars are expensive! My 2cents is that whether it be handlebars, a new top end, or hell even if you rip the grips you should fix it. Not only that, but he is your neighbor so he sees you probably daily, or at least pretty often, and his kids are at your house etc...just sounds immature to me. Its not being mean its holding him responsible.

Just turn your music up too loud, dont cut your grass, ride at 3am and give him the :lol:. :thumbsup::cheers::jawdrop:

Just turn your music up too loud, dont cut your grass, ride at 3am and give him the :lol:. :thumbsup::applause::)

LOL, ride at 3 am on the bike that HE broke!!

and say i wont stop until you fix it

The best thing to do I guess is to not let anyone ride your bike :applause: as sad as that is.

Its one thing to break something and not realize it at the time, I am sure we have all been there. But its something else to know you broke something, ADMIT IT TO THE OWNER, and not even at least insist on fixing it. :)

From the sounds of it its your spare bike, so it may not be a huge deal, but handlebars are expensive! My 2cents is that whether it be handlebars, a new top end, or hell even if you rip the grips you should fix it. Not only that, but he is your neighbor so he sees you probably daily, or at least pretty often, and his kids are at your house etc...just sounds immature to me. Its not being mean its holding him responsible.

Just turn your music up too loud, dont cut your grass, ride at 3am and give him the :lol:. :thumbsup::cheers::jawdrop:

Yes Reed it is my playbike. No one rides my race machine. So in turn you are correct, not really HUGE deal but the principal of the matter. And his kids are the ones who will really suffer anyway. I let his kids ride it around our side yard track and now because of their dad, they will not be riding it.

I have a big heart and want to see people happy and having fun, just not at the expense of my good nature.

I have learned a good lesson. Hubby and I are going to fix my bars and put some better suspension on it for US to ride it. No one else.

Just chaps my a$$ it has to be this way but what can you do...

Thats it right there. Don't let the douche bags off the world change your generous ways. For every shit bag there are 20 worthy people out there who would be very grateful you helped them out. One day sooner or later roles may be reversed and it may be you who needs the loaner.

Now I am what one might call a free thinker and I'm not religious in any way shape or form but I do like some of the classic quotes that sum things up in one liners.

Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

Very good advise and well said. Thank you.

There are plenty of a-holes out there and I go the other way.

Do unto others- I AGREE!! People allow me to ride their machine because they know I will not hurt it or if I do I will give them the cash to fix asap. It is engrained in most of us to do the right thing no matter what - others not so much.

Why change your ways & carry a gruge before you know you have too? Those can get heeeavy... :thumbsup:

Better to confront, nicely, and see what is going on, before letting it make you bitter... just ask him, next time you see him, "hey, are you going to order those new bars, or should just do it and you can write me a check?" and smile big!

Then, if he blows you off, you KNOW he's a butthead instead of just busy, lazy, or forgetful, and then you'll forever know who you are dealing with.

I had something similar happen a year or so back, when a kid came off the track, cut across a road, and hit my truck. Minor damage, but I thought I made it clear that I did expect him to pay up for my deductible... then he took off without exchanging info. Looking back, I realize maybe I wasn't clear in what I expected from him, and I certainly should have sought him out then & there, rather than stew about it afterwards.

Too many douchebags (of both sexes) out there now. There was a time that it didn't need to be said, if you break it you buy it. People had more honor and respect for that. Live and learn. The next time the DB asks to ride a bike tell him no, the l;ast time you bent my bars and didn't even think to repair them.

hurry up and say something so you can tell us what happens:smirk: