Rekluse vs Suspension redone

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would ask you a couple questions, What do you ride? How fast are you? If you are more of a slow beginner rider who rides a lot of tight stuff go for the REKLUSE(makes riding super fun) just adds a new level of fun.. If you are a faster rider and far from what your bikes suspension is set up(weight and such) for have it done

I would ask you a couple questions, What do you ride? How fast are you? If you are more of a slow beginner rider who rides a lot of tight stuff go for the REKLUSE(makes riding super fun) just adds a new level of fun.. If you are a faster rider and far from what your bikes suspension is set up(weight and such) for have it done

I ride an 07 ktm 250xc, I ride woods harescrambles ect., I'd say I'm a fast C rider definitely not a beginner, and I'm 6'4" 225lbs.

I ride an 07 ktm 250xc, I ride woods harescrambles ect., I'd say I'm a fast C rider definitely not a beginner, and I'm 6'4" 225lbs.

I would definitely do the suspension first in your case.. your bikes suspension was meant for a 170lb guy maybe.. I remember the first time I had my suspension done and how impressed I was with how it made me feel on the bike.. At the time I was a Fast C rider and I went to a fast B rider overnight almost..

For a guy whos weight is right in there for what the bike was originally set up for most bike have enough tuneability in the suspensions to where most can get them real close.. Most newer bikes have great suspensions

well suspension it is then but should I send it out or buy new springs and gold valves and do it myself? I do have access to Heart & Huntington's suspension guy but still not sure if it's worth $650.

Myself I would spring it for my weight and see the improvement that makes alone. Modern suspensions really have a lot of range, between oil level and adjustments you might really be surprised how well it will turn out. And heck if after changing the springs for your weight you are not satisfied with it the springs did not go to waste.

No doubt about it--suspension. Make sure the tuner you select will continue to work with you to get it sorted. Here is a good example of what suspension can do: I have a 7 - 8 minute HS practice loop that I regularly ride near my house (typical GA terrain). The revalve reduced my lap times an average of 22 seconds!

#1 thing to do to any bike is SUPENSION first. Especially the KTM's. They seem to be off for everyone. But with that said don't run off for a total re-valve job. Start with re-spring both the forks and shock and see if it right for you. After that if you think you need more youcan get that done. Presonally I have revalved only one set of forks.

well suspension it is then but should I send it out or buy new springs and gold valves and do it myself? I do have access to Heart & Huntington's suspension guy but still not sure if it's worth $650.

Bumping this question. I'm interested in the pros and cons of doing it yourself versus paying a mechanic.

its pretty easy to do yourself (see doggers sticky in crf450r forum).. the hard part, IMO, is knowing exactly what size of shim/stacks to use, and where to buy those from, as well as exactly what weight of oil and what amount to use for your weight, skill, riding type, etc.. otherwise the actual labor part is very easy.

for 650-800$, you can get everything done; shipping there, springs, valved, oil, labour, shipping back.