Sign in to follow this  

I love the DRZ but…..

Ok, so I have a 07 DRZ with air box mod, FCR Carb, Ti Yoush exhaust, and some other small mods. I also have a 08 CBR 1000, and I am looking to sell the CBR and get another bike that has a more upright seating position. My old back and wrist can no longer handle the stress, and it makes riding the CBR not as much fun. The DRZ is great but the 400cc limit is starting to take its toll on the freeway when I ride with my sport bike friends. My question is should I do all the engine mods to the DRZ or get something different. I am looking at the Hypermotard or perhaps the KTM 990 supermoto all used. What do you guys think? Any other options I did not think of?

👍

I'd say Hypermotard......they sound mean, look mean, they run with most anything....can't go wrong there, really.

Then again, a Duc Streetfighter is pretty upright and will outrun most anything out there!

Thanks for the feedback, I was looking at a secondhand 2008 hyper. Hopefully I can unload the CBR quickly.

You are selling the CBR and going to replace the DRZ for hwy duty? If the only reason you are selling the CBR is the riding position you may want to consider bar risers. These are not cheap but they are way cheaper than a new bike.

http://www.spieglerusa.com/cfm/sbk.cfm

since you have both bikes you know the DRZ can never match the CBR's power.

I will keep my current DRZ, just looking for an additional bike to hang with my sport bike friends. I am getting older and my back and wrist can no longer take the stress of that type of riding. I tried a bike with risers, it helped but the pain was still there, getting old is a bitch....Time to get the Gold Wing or trike, ha ha. Just need something more upright. I can ride the DRZ all day with no issues.

This is what I did.. You get addicted to that nice upright position. I did this street fighter and tend to be on it more often now. Still have my SM and still love it.

DSCN5504.jpg

I just rode a 2009 Triumph Street Triple R, the speed triples little brother. wow. I am waiting to find a used one with about 3000 miles but there are none, check it out, FANTASTIC bike

Yes.. I hear lots of V-strom owners are happy (sitting position). I just do not like there handle bar set up. I wanted MX bars on mine.

I wasn't comfy when I took a demo ride on a Hyper, but man that engine is sweet...

Have you considered a muscle bike, like the FZ1? I had a 1st-gen Bandit 1200S, and it was a couch-rocket.

Have you considered a muscle bike, like the FZ1? I had a 1st-gen Bandit 1200S, and it was a couch-rocket.

Couch-rocket? That's TOO good! 👍

Couch-rocket? That's TOO good!🤣

Yeah, that's why I stole it. 👍

Yeah, that's why I stole it. 👍

Definitely part of my vocabulary now too.🤣