Sign in to follow this  

Tire question

I've shredded the Bridgestone rear on my 2010 450 and am looking to replace it. I ran Dunlops and also ran a set of Maxxis tires on my YZ. What kind of tires do you run on your sxfs. I really just track ride with a couple of trips to the desert a year

I pulled the Bridgestones off my '10 450SX-F and replaced them with a Dunlop 756 front and 952 rear. I've run the 756's for a long time but a few of the guys I ride with like the 952 even better; it supposedly wears a lot longer.

-Jeff

I run the D756 (18" wheel) on the back. I like the tire a lot but the big reason I run it is they are only $50 each if you buy two at a time from Rocky Mountain with free shipping. You can get the 756RR for the 19" wheel which is a tougher compound and wears longer, though I'm impressed with how long the regular 756 wears on my SX.

I also run the 756 on the front but they get soft a little too quick. Mostly desert riding / racing.

I ran a S-12 and it chunked after the first ride. Then heard about the S-12 XC. Afer 2 rides the tire is holding up great! Traction is great as well!

the stock tyres are just junk,

i like the dunlop geomax mx 51 i think they are, but they have a very thick side wall and are a **** to put on and off, this year i'm getting maxxis cheap so i will run those

but really i find most tyres nowadays are good, so just get what is cheapest

+1 on the MX 51. I have only tried the rear, but it's holding up really well and get's very good traction here in N. California. When I was on 450's last year I also ran Bridgestone 403/404's with good results.