yz 300

$7500!?!? Wow!

And it says its a 285cc in the SH description ?

My YZ was $5500 OTD and my 285cc cylinder and head work cost $600 including piston & rings.

They have some pretty proud pricing!!!!

I'd sell my wife for an AF500 though?

My Dirt Rider buyers guide, 2010 edition shows it priced only 90 bucks higher than the 2010 yz 250???? Very odd.

Oh well, my completed 300 kit shipped out of Erics shop yesterday....we'll see how it is when ti arrives Monday. Its snowed here every day since I sent it in. I bet summer wont even happen this year....we'll get three of four winters butted up against each other. I'll bet that 0 bore by 0 stroke motor is very smooth.

Roland: when the kit gets to you take the time to change out the bolts to the powervalve cover using standard hexhead bolts so you can check them easily from time to time.....sure easier.

Yes, thats a great idea and I will. I dont believe that phillips screws have a place on a dirt bike. I got rid of the ones on the ignition cover before I rode the bike.

Don't forget some photos of the bore and port work also before installing.

Cheers

The photos are a promise, for sure.

I hoped to have new decals ready for the install, or before the pictures. However Decalworks is busy this time of year and needs 3 weeks to crap out a set of yz 300 shroud graphics. I dont think they call the process "crap out" but still.

I may have tried somewhere else, but their customer service rocks. Their rep called me at 930 pm, said how sorry he was for calling late, and spent an hour with me coming up with the right look.

We went with T3 textured graphics,stock colors, The Yamaha tuning fork, "YZ 300", and Eric's logo. I cannot wait to see them.

I have been thinking of this kit alot. But one thing that crosses my mind. What about the bottom end? Rcannon have or did you do anything bottom end? I really want to do this kit but Im not sure if it should be done without freshening up the crank on my 05 yz.

I have been thinking of this kit alot. But one thing that crosses my mind. What about the bottom end? Rcannon have or did you do anything bottom end? I really want to do this kit but Im not sure if it should be done without freshening up the crank on my 05 yz.

I did not. Mines pretty fresh and has been well taken care of,so no worries. If I ever did, I think I would just strap the engine to a pallet and sent it to Eric. He does complete rebuilds and the websight says 175.00 plus parts.