05 klx300 - mikuni tm33 - throttle cable?

I've got a tm33-8012 on the way. I've read that I will need a new (longer) throttle cable to hook this up correctly...and I've also read that I won't need one.

If I do need one, is there a part number? I'm sure motion pro probably carries it, just don't know which one to order.

If I don't need one, then, well, just say so.

thanks

the 2 cable set up is a push and pull cable. just remove the push cable from the carb and the throttle and then plug the hole in the throttle with some black RTV. did you get the TM33 from BILL BLUE? if so it comes with good instructions.

nope, this is not a carb from Bill Blue.

I'm aware of the push/pull configuration - and this carb will accommodate both...but I'd heard/read that the stock pull cable wasn't quite long enough. Guess I'll see once I get the carb in. thanks

I put a 33 on my '94. To use both the open and close cables I had to make a new bracket for them, an adapter to angle the carb down and I had to dent the frame cross bar. Oh, and make new cables with elbows.

You will find the intake manifold is a little too small, another reason I made the adapter, and the air boot is small (I think). The '94-'96 air boot fits.

To use the standard bracket you have to cut off the mount for the closing cable or it hits the frame cross bar. I believe the stock opening cable will fit.

But maybe you have something different. Mine is off a DR350. (I think)

yep, I'm running into the same things; the cable bracket that came with it won't work (the frame crossbar is in the way) and both ends of this carb are smaller than the stock cvk - so the boots on either side are too big.

What kind of adapters are available to make the carb fit tighter into the boots? thanks

You can use a '94-'96 KLX 250 air boot.

I thought all the intake manifolds were the same and a little on the tight side but usable. Maybe they changed in later years. If so you could use an earlier one.

You could also check Sudco. Various manifolds.

I guess they've changed, because the airbox side just won't fit. The manifold side is iffy, but could work, but the airbox side boot diameter is much, much larger than the carb - tightening the clamp won't get it sealed.

I got in touch with Bill Blue (found his info on this forum) to see if he was still making the tm33 adaptors - he is. I'm gonna ship my carb to him so he can fit it with airbox and manifold adaptors, and also provide a modified cable bracket.