Sign in to follow this  

Ordered the wrong cleaner...can I use this on my air filter?

This past winter I bought Maxima products for my air filter...and now that I'm about ready to clean my air filter after the first ride, I realized I ordered Maxima Clean Up Chain Cleaner rather than the air filter cleaner. Is this stuff too aggressive as far as an air filter cleaner? If so, I'll order the recommended Maxima air filter cleaner. I don't want this thread to turn into a, "how to or what chemicals are the best". I just want to know if it is too aggressive on an air filter. Thanks! 👍

You might test it on a small section of the filter. Or I just use dish soap (dawn) with warm water, rinse and then let it air dry.

Probably will work, but I would just use gas, then clean and wash it real good with dish soap and warm water. Only way to do it. Then pour the used gas on all your weed in the yard!! The EPA loves this weay to dispose of used gas..

i just soak mine in kerosene. Then let it air dry, oil it up, and its good to go. Personally i wouldnt use the chain cleaner because it could clog it.

+1 kerosene, but you have to wash it out with soap and water. Diesel works well too. Soap alone won't cut FFT.