New MX track in Albermarle, NC

So is it as intimidating as the track map on the website looks like ?

Look at the other pics.. Theres one of a guy doing what appears to be some sort of tabletop single, step on table top or whatever the heck you want to call it. That one doesnt look too bad...

Of course, I won the Pro class at Black Ankle MX one time 👍

That meens I kan ride fasssst and do good jumpin' skillz

i was out there a couple weeks ago to give my input. the single to table is by far the hardest jump there to clear because your coming out of a tight corner, BUT its a tabletop landing so honestly you can land wherever and be safe. it was rolling through the turn in 3rd gear, feather the clutch and seat bouncing it to clear it for me. maybe someone with more corner speed or different gearing wouldnt have to do that. im on a '09 450.

the track is fun, but needed a little work when i was out there. they have two triples, that the landings were nothing more then large whoops. i tried to tell them to ditch the 'triple' and just build one large landing to make it safe. many beginner riders cant time landing on a whoop that is shorter then the wheelbase of a bike. im not sure what they did if anything at all. the guys out there are friendly and the track is fun. nothing too serious out there, lots of sweepers, and fast straights. there is a step-on step-off that you can quad. its probably only 50 ft for the whole thing though. its great to see new tracks popping up. my main concern was the size of the landings on the triples, and what they are going to do, to water the place. as of 2 weeks ago they had nothing in place to get the place watered.

the track is fun, but needed a little work when i was out there. they have two triples, that the landings were nothing more then large whoops. i tried to tell them to ditch the 'triple' and just build one large landing to make it safe. many beginner riders cant time landing on a whoop that is shorter then the wheelbase of a bike. im not sure what they did if anything at all. the guys out there are friendly and the track is fun. nothing too serious out there, lots of sweepers, and fast straights. there is a step-on step-off that you can quad. its probably only 50 ft for the whole thing though. its great to see new tracks popping up. my main concern was the size of the landings on the triples, and what they are going to do, to water the place. as of 2 weeks ago they had nothing in place to get the place watered.

x2

I just got off the the phone with the track owner and he said they DO have a water truck now and he was workin on the track while we were talking. He also mentioned that he had been improving the driveway and parking so anybody that is thinking of going this weekend should! weather is looking perfect.

To bad i allready have a planned riding trip in WV or I would be there.

Edited by MidEast67
bad sentence

good to hear about the drive, i forgot to mention that. it was a little narrow over the creek\culvert. i was told they got an 18-wheeler in there to drop off the port-a-john but damn that must of been one helluva big rig driver! good to hear they've got water!

glad to see people talking about the track ,i can tell you i just fixed the triple out of the first turn just made it a big double it is allot safer now and the landing is MASSIF(in a good way ).goin out tomorrow to fix a few more things ,we are goin to be watering the track as well .you guys will not be disappointed so come on out for sure .thanks for the input.