Sign in to follow this  

Bought Acerbis plastics kit, what about the airbox cover??

guys,

I've bought an 'Acerbis Plastics Kit' in yellow for my 'E', as its looking rather tatty, and in S/M format I want it looking a bit nicer.

It seems they don't provide an airbox cover though? Why do they think my airbox cover will be any less battered than the rest of the plastics!?

I'm just going on pictures, but this seems to be the case from what I can see.

Presumably a new airbox cover from Suzuki in yellow may not match from a colour point of view??

I don't know about the UK but I have ordered two airbox covers in the past. Still have them in the basement in original packaging. Maybe they discontinued, but they were available.

More than likely the same situation here. I find the Acerbis website so hard to use it's difficult to find anything. I think I'll leave to to my shop to order the right bits for me! Or call that ebay vendor to confirm if there's an airbox door with that kit.

I'll just wait and see when it arrives, but I doubbt its in there.

Hey sundog fancy selling me one of yours if I need it? 👍

So you haven't actually recieved it yet? I think Acerbis just used an example picture of one side panel and not both.

According to the picture in that link you only going to get one radiator shroud too! 👍

So you haven't actually recieved it yet? I think Acerbis just used an example picture of one side panel and not both.

There are 3 side panels total. Typically the large right side one and the battery cover one come in one package. The airbox cover was by its self and AFAIK was never included in the plastic kits.

Brick-Top:

It's not a color you want.

correct I've not received it I've just ordered it.

This is the linkto the actual one

There may be 3 side panels in one of those packets, its difficult to see??!!

It was cheaper than the rest and appeared to be the same so hope i got a bargain?

Edited by Brick-top

There are 3 side panels total. Typically the large right side one and the battery cover one come in one package. The airbox cover was by its self and AFAIK was never included in the plastic kits.

Brick-Top:

It's not a color you want.

Yeah, see what you're saying there, I haven't ordered any yet but, I will be soon.

From Brick Tops link to the acerbis site they use the same picture regardless of which Suzuki model. That's what got me on that train of thought.

No worries. If you look closely at the really large picture, I'm confident there's an airbox lid in that bag. I think you've got it keeper because it may be an earlier kit, don't quote me on that though.

Does that mean the yellow may not be the right colour? It does say for a 2003

Hope you luck out...I don't see it and the ad says 2 numberboard panels. If it is there you scored.

to be fair i think i scored anyway, £30 cheaper than the other yellow plastics on ebay.

but ideally i wanted the airbox lid with it.

You want your cake and you want to eat it too???? jeez 👍