Sign in to follow this  

never again.

IMG_2505.jpgklx 650 forks, homemade tree's risers and speedo. riser's took about 50 hour's work with a pillar drill,hacksaw and lot's of file's and polishing. OBSESSED, possibly..would I do it again? err NO!!: worth it in the end tho.

IMG_2510.jpg there you go, got some more pics if you'd like to see them.

thanks xrldtg, It was supposed to be a winter hack, but I kinda got carried away a bit:smirk:

Nice. Very nice work.

Did you make the headlight mount from scratch too?

I am looking for something like that - I was thinking of using the mounting from a Ruckus.

thanks xrldtg, It was supposed to be a winter hack, but I kinda got carried away a bit:smirk:

That's what happens when you get the "tinker" bug on a bike. I'm trying to refrain from doing a lot to my KTm 300. I put so much into my XR650L and even when I was done, it was still an overweight, hernia inducing off road capable turd. I still enjoy riding it, but not in the bumpity and tight stuff since getting the 300.

I must excersize self restraint......the check bookas well as the paycheck have been doing a good job of that.

I once had a 1976 Honda CB750F that had a Yamaha tank on it and missing a side cover. I finally located a correct year tank and a side cover, then got it in my head to tear it down and powder coat the frame black, and custom paint the tank and side covers in a dark purple with cheetah spots and get an air bruch of that Chester Cheetah guy on a cruiser on each side of the tank and "Cheezy rider" air brushed on the side covers. Fortunately, a guy offered me $600 more than I paid for it and I sold it to him before my dream and financial ruin could be fully realized.👍

headlight mount is homemade. 1 inch stainless steel box and some round tube. headlights have deodorant caps glued onto the back so i could fit h4 bulbs....they used to be spotlights. some people are born to tinker with stuff, I can't seem to leave anything standard for long!! IF IT AINT BROKE, BREAK IT:smirk:

when I saw the title "never again" I thought you bought a boat, just got done cleaning mine to sell! Worst purchase ever.

Have put all the photo's of my xt in GARAGE, and listed most of the mods that I can remember. happy viewing:ride:

that term seems to crop up a lot in my life....alcohol, "two" children etc etc:smirk:

Really nice work there, this machinist is impressed.

Yeah though machine tools speed that sort of thing along a lot quicker,

it just goes to show, if you've got the skills, time and motivation you can

still get it done.

Pretty inspiring, U ought to post this in the home made dirt bike stuff thread.

Very nice work and unique bike you've got there. I l..i..k..e it lol 👍