Sign in to follow this  

Tell me what this is?

gonna buy this pit bike. it is a crf 50 clone, with a 70cc yx motor. i just need something to play around on instead of my 250. in the second picture, can anyone tell me what that thing is, coming off of the exhaust? thanks!

wmxx70-2.jpg

wmxx70-9.jpg

Are you talking in the bottom picture off of the low curve on the header? It's kinda covered up by "killer motorsports"?

Dumb previous post. Had to reread it. I can't remember what it's called but it's like an expansion chamber or resonance chamber unless I miss my guess.

It looks like an EGR system for a dirt bike to me. Damn California 👍

Please do me a favor and dont buy that bike, I bought a chinese pitbike and they are not reliable at all. Scan craigslist for a cheap xr 50 or crf 50 put some big bars on it and have some fun. It pains me to see others make the same mistake I did.

ok, thanks. as for not buying one, im pretty sure its got a reliable motor. thats all im worried about. im gonna put a mikuni on it, so the carb isnt a problem. what ever happens happens.

The motor isn't the problem with knock offs, and knock off carbs work great in most cases (I love cheap knock off carbs)

It's everything else about the bike. It might not be bad as a mild use pit bike, but if you ride it hard, expect stuff to fall apart..

Fork seals/shock usually go pretty quick on most knock offs.

It might not be a bad bike though, you just never know with knock offs.

Make sure you loctite every single bolt then, also a family we were camped next to out in the desert were telling us that there son broke the swingarm in half jumping a double. The motors are crappy but there the best part about the bike, the chassis and stuff are crap.