Sign in to follow this  

In need of bar riser info

hey all, im 6'4" and believe it would help if i raised my bars a bit.

what are the advantages and what do you suggest?

i like the idea of the Rox risers being adjustable tilt but is 2" too high?

and id also like some that look bad ass, not just blocks, but not a big deal.

what are you running, pictures would be sweet!

thanks

At 6'4" I would think you would want them up and forward. I am 5' 9.5" and I have mine 1.5" up.

Bar risers online.com has some that move the bars up and forward if you decide that is what you want.

thanks

I think id like a bit higher than those, and i dont think those will fit my 1 1/8 bars

Protaper 7/8 to 1 1/8 risers with CR Hi Bend Bars. Its not perfect but I'm 6'4" and I've been happy with it. Best $ to benifit in my opinion.

Or you can call Scott's and get Upper Tripple Clamps, a stabalizer, etc for about $500

I'm 6'2", and I got the Zeta bar risers from Wheeling Cycle Supply (link). They're kinda fugly but they work with the stock SM bars and cables. I ended up not using the Zeta top blocks, but the SM hardware instead, and had to shim the bars with some custom fit aluminum shims to keep it from rotating.

But for under $40, I'm quite happy with the results.

["Custom fit aluminum shims" = some bits of a empty MGD beer can I found behind a gas station when I realized that I simply could not tighten the bolts enough to stop the bars from rotating.]

But for under $40, I'm quite happy with the results.

Rocky Mountain ATV has simple 1.2" risers for $20.

Rocky Mountain ATV has simple 1.2" risers for $20.

I have these and so does a riding buddy.....nice product for the money!

Or you can call Scott's and get Upper Tripple Clamps, a stabalizer, etc for about $500

dont have $500, lookin more like 100-120$$.

thanks for all the replies i will look into the protaper ones, nobody has the roxrisers?

i have the rox 2" risers i like them so far. just put them on yesterday i still have a few adjustments to do on them when you install them move your ignition to the left fork where the signal attaches. i havent done that yet so because of the extra material under the left bolt i cant put them as far forword as i would like. also i rerouted my throttle and clutch cables behind the headstock instead of the stock locations

thanks

I think id like a bit higher than those, and i dont think those will fit my 1 1/8 bars

Unfortunately barrisersonline only makes fwd risers for 7/8" bars now.

I have these with Protaper Windham bend bars and I'm very happy with the improved ergos when standing. I'm 6'. Stock cables were long enough.

I previously used the tusk $20 risers from Rocky Mountain . The problem with straight risers is they follow the rake angle and effectively bring the bars back. You dont want this if you're tall.

I did look at the Rox risers and as long as they're stable they seem a good choice. I chose the fwd risers over the Rox because they looked better imo and the end result was good for my height.

At 6'4" I would think you would want them up and forward. I am 5' 9.5" and I have mine 1.5" up.

Bar risers online.com has some that move the bars up and forward if you decide that is what you want.

What bend bars are you using? We are the same height and I am looking for a place to start when choosing new bars.

X2 for Rox Risers (I am 6'-3" and they are perfect). I ride with 6 or 8 guys who have all switched to the Rox as well (ranging in height between 5'-10" to 6'-3". Nice part is that I was able to add a scotts standard damper later on and keep the risers. Everyone in my group who used to ride with other risers have all switched to Rox.

Here's a couple of pics of the barrisersonline set up with CR Hi Bend Renthals. Works pretty well on the DRZ. I'm only 6" tall and I love this setup. I can't imagine trying to ride with the stock bars and no risers at 6' 4". Damn.

DSC01582.jpg

DSC01479.jpg

DSC01564.jpg

I just used thick washers that were as big around as my bar mounts and just used longer bolts so the mounts could get tight. Cost about 1.00

My bike came with about one inch risers in place, I like them but when you turn the bars to the right it pulls the throttle cables. I don't know if it is just my bike or if all are effected.

My bike came with about one inch risers in place, I like them but when you turn the bars to the right it pulls the throttle cables. I don't know if it is just my bike or if all are effected.

Try rerouting your cables to see if you can find some more slack.

The problem with straight risers is they follow the rake angle and effectively bring the bars back. You dont want this if you're tall.

I've using straight risers and haven't found this to be a problem. I'm thinking this is one of those "what's tall about you?" things--my height is more in my torso than my legs, and, similarly, my arms aren't that long.