Sign in to follow this  

I'm back with a 610 SM

I've been bikeless for a couple years, been out racing cars. Well, now I'm back on TT with a '07 Husky 610 SM. My research will start hot and heavy, but how about pointing me towards a couple things. No handbook or manuals with this bike, where can I learn about all the features of this hi-tech digital speedo unit? Preferences on axle sliders? It came with a LV Ti exhaust, with melted boot on the pipe, how are guys covering this uncovered bit between the cf cover and the can? It is missing the right mirror, anybody who has switched to bar-ends want to sell me your right mirror?

Thanks, Troy

2010-03-29-001.jpg

I have a 2006 SM610 I bought new mid 06. I just finished doing my spring preps today for the 10 season. New tires, fresh oil, new smaller rear LED blinkers and a new chain. I have a Leo can, and my stock pipe guard broke a tab, so I replaced the long rear piece with a 8 inch generic carbon pipe guard and the front smaller piece, I fabricated a nice shaped piece of 3mm carbon plate to replace it. Looks pretty good. I'll take a picture tomorrow and post it to this thread.

These bikes are rock solid, the only real issue is getting them jetted correctly (if a carb model). My valves have not budged since new. Granted, I do not pile on the miles in single rides(I have 6 bikes), but I do not baby this thing and ride it mostly to work (32 miles one way freeway and state hwy) and some weekend riding. Longest single ride I have done on it is about 200 miles in a day. This bikes just keeps running strong. Very happy with the 610. Low maint, easy to maintain and plenty fast and fun. My "big bike" friends were surprised to see me running 105 on this thing flat out.......👍

Pull those black rubber pads out of the pegs! They'll feel much better!

Edited by firebolter

Thanks for the idea, much better with the rubber footpeg pads off.

I found a right side mirror, an online manual, and ordered up some sliders. Finally got a non-rain day today and took it for my first real ride, this bike is a blast. Its gonna get me in trouble for sure.

I've got two oil leaks: small one from the oil filler cap. It has no o-ring, is it supposed to? All my past bikes have had one there.

The bigger leak is on the left side of the engine, it seems to be coming from a oil breather tube port at the top of the cyl head, sound familiar to anyone? I'll dig into it once it cools down.

Pic from today-

2010-04-03-010-Small.jpg