Sign in to follow this  

japenese racing atv's anyone bought or own one?

im looking at the racing atv's on www.mxmotorsports.com this one caught my eye.

http://www.mxmotorsports.us/JAPANESE-RACING-p/japanese%20racing%20r-12.htm

wondering if anyone has something like this or was also intersted and already did research. I dont know if they are worth buying or not...they seem cheap enough that i couldnt go wrong but at the sametime i dont want to buy something that i cant get parts and service for. im not looking for anything crazy just something to mess around on.

let me know your opinions thanks

For some reason, all I can think is that the only Japanese part of those quads, is in the name.... could be a marketing gimmick and they are still actually made in China..

Anyways, I would suggest to stay away because every single time I've seen someone with a china quad, they were wayyy dissapointed, even for the price...

What will it be worth when it stops working and you can't get parts...

Just get a used Japanese quad for around 2G you can get some really good machines...

I forgot to mention, the only time I've ever been satisfied with a chinabike, is the 37cc pocketbikes (marketed as 49cc two strokes)...

I got it on ebay for 175 shipped, drove it around for a couple years and let friends screw around on it, and then sold it for 200 bucks...

Although I had to replace every bolt on the bike, and the pegs sucked (took them off) it really wasnt that bad...

My friend bought one of the 4stroke pocketbikes and it is a joke...

Also, the full size chinese dirtbikes are a joke, i've ridden them and if you want to take it on anything but smooth pavement, beware...

would I buy the chinese pocketbike again? ...NO!!! I only got extremely lucky in selling it, I was trying to sell it for a year and before that my best offer was 100 bucks.

I would avoid it as well.... there is a very similar ATV to this that is also a chinese bike, it's a Gio Lambo... they are both 125cc, same tires/wheels, etc etc.... I've read many bad things about the Gio so I'd avoid this as well as any other Chinese ATV or bike.

Like tekknikkx said, get a used Japanese ATV.

For that amount of money, you could buy two quads from one of the big-4 and have money enough left over to make it street legal.

I would be embarrassed on that thing or anything even remotely like it no matter where it was manufactured, Japan included.

dont buy a "Japanese" bike with the exception of Suzuki. I know a few people that own them and when they brake, they cant find parts easily.