Sign in to follow this  

2005 KXF 250 vs KXF 450 2006?

Thinking about trading my 06 KXF 450 for a KXF 250 2005. How was the 2005 KXF250? Good bike?

Thinking about trading my 06 KXF 450 for a KXF 250 2005. How was the 2005 KXF250? Good bike?

Don´t do it.

Trade the bike + some money for a newer year model. Try to get at least a 07 kx 250f.

Or try to get the 06 kxf250 think it was the first Alu frame right? the 2005 was the older steel frame and shared with the RMZ.

Don´t do it.

Trade the bike + some money for a newer year model. Try to get at least a 07 kx 250f.

I've actually hear locally that japanese manufactures all shared on the 2005 models. I'll avoid it. Thanks for your input guys.

What's wrong with the 05 bikes??? I had one that I put over 100 hrs on and no valve issues, no piston issues... Nothing. I did take merticulous care of it. What ever happened to preventative maintenance?

What's wrong with the 05 bikes??? I had one that I put over 100 hrs on and no valve issues, no piston issues... Nothing. I did take merticulous care of it. What ever happened to preventative maintenance?

It´s not just that it´s a -05. It´s very hard to find a 5 year old bike that has those 100 hours ahead of it, and not behind it.

And the starting point wasn´t that good to be honest, the following years were much better. And better looking, easier to find parts for and easier to resell.

Why would you do this?