KX85 for the Mrs.

New to the forum, and seeing as I did in my ACL last week I'll have some time on my hands to sit in front of the computer. And if you can't ride may as well talk about riding.

Anyways, my wife currently rides a TTR230 but absolutely hates it so tomorrow we are going to trade it in on a '09 KX85 (with the Monster Energy decal kit much too her delight), just wondering what peoples thoughts are on them, what you've done to them and so on.

Thanks.

Why does she hate it? Completly diff. bikes. The ttr is completly for trails etc, and the 85 for track. Shes going to need how to use the clutch quicker and these 85s have mostly all top end, so she needs to be on the pipe, or its going to lug and not like it. Just regear it and run 32:1. And once she gets usd to it, make sure your not eating her dust 👍 have fun, their great bikes, maybe throw on a fww, if they make em for an 85.

We spend the good majority of our time riding the track and she is starting too get a bit more aggresive and take a few more chances, the 85 is just a perfect fit for her. I can do modest repairs and tinkering but I haven't ever done a FWW, just wondering if any monkey can figure it out, or can I achieve the desired result by changing the front sprocket.

Thanks.

A FWW is one of the simplest mods you can do and takes about 15 minutes. It will tame the hit a little and aid traction by keeping the rear wheel from spinning up as quickly in the slick stuff. On the three bikes (KX250, KX65, YZ125) that I have put a FWW on it has made the bikes less prone to stalling and easier to start. Once she gets used to the bike you could remove it and see how she likes it without.

A FWW is one of the simplest mods you can do and takes about 15 minutes. It will tame the hit a little and aid traction by keeping the rear wheel from spinning up as quickly in the slick stuff. On the three bikes (KX250, KX65, YZ125) that I have put a FWW on it has made the bikes less prone to stalling and easier to start. Once she gets used to the bike you could remove it and see how she likes it without.

+1

great and easy modification for any sized 2stroke.

Thanks for the response, we did consider the KX100 but with the larger tires she can't touch. With the skill level and confidence she is at right now that 85 has more than enough snot for her. I will be adding the FWW thanks for the input.

Thanks for the response, we did consider the KX100 but with the larger tires she can't touch. With the skill level and confidence she is at right now that 85 has more than enough snot for her. I will be adding the FWW thanks for the input.

i think the 100 is less "snot" in many ways. has more low end and less of a hit. either way its easier to ride. how tall is she? the 100 can be made a little lower

i think the 100 is less "snot" in many ways. has more low end and less of a hit. either way its easier to ride. how tall is she? the 100 can be made a little lower
The 85 Big Wheel and the 100 are the exact same bike. Lowering the seat height of the 100 to the same level as the small wheel 85 is as simple as replacing the wheels and swingarm.