03 yz250f what valves to get?????

Here I have a friends 03 yz250f that he shatter 2 exhaust valves. I would like to know what valves to go with. Should I go with the Kibblewhite or the Faction MX valves? Will most likey use the spring kit also replace the intake valves.

OEM Ti valves are expensive as crap from yamaha. I would go ahead and get a stainless stell complete kit. You wont notice a difference between Ti and stainless

What are you talking about? OEM titanium valves with OEM springs and keepers are $290. Kibblewhite puts you back $380 for the valves and springs.

gscx,

bzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrong

and thanks for playing. a nice parting gift for you. maybe a bottle of castrol927 oil.

16yz250f,

give jesse at williamsmotowerx a call. he has the valves at the cheapest prices i can find. the oems in that '03 lasted.....7 years!!!!!!!

yep thats right. 1 year longer than any red, yellow, green or orange bike has been around!!!

gscx,

bzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrong

and thanks for playing. a nice parting gift for you. maybe a bottle of castrol927 oil.

16yz250f,

give jesse at williamsmotowerx a call. he has the valves at the cheapest prices i can find. the oems in that '03 lasted.....7 years!!!!!!!

yep thats right. 1 year longer than any red, yellow, green or orange bike has been around!!!

Winner winner chicken dinner. Sent the head from our 07 to Jesse last year. He helped us out big time and did it so inexpensively I'm not allowed to tell you the cost.

Well you can keep Ti valves in there for 7 years. Im not even trying that.

We are not talking aftermarket Ti valves here. The OEM Ti valves are the best bang for the buck, period.

Call Jesse, you won't be sorry. ?

i agree with most other ppl on here. yamaha has been around since 01 with the 250f. and as far as i kno always used ti valves? they must of done there hw on them cause yamaha is well known for longevity with there stock motors. ti valves and all. and most ppl ive talked to(hard core racers or weekend racers like me) all say the best way to go is OEM TI valves

Dudes, they used Ti valves because they are light weight. If you get Stainless, they are heavier, so you will get cam wear if you live on the rev limiter or venture there much. Stock is the way to go. What most people don't do is air filter maintenance and oil maintenance to help everything stay together. Also, I started using a dual air filter last year, and my valves haven't moved.

• 2 months later...

new guy here looking into fixing the valves on an 03 yz250f.

got a couple bent ones from the PO i was looking into replacing mine with the Kibblewhites but from what im reading i would have to buy their keepers and springs?

is this due to the SS vs Ti material?

new guy here looking into fixing the valves on an 03 yz250f.

got a couple bent ones from the PO i was looking into replacing mine with the Kibblewhites but from what im reading i would have to buy their keepers and springs?

is this due to the SS vs Ti material?

It's due to the extra weight of the Stainless valves. At 13,000 rpm the stainless valves feel like lead bricks to the valve springs and the rest of the valve train. When you add the stiffer valve springs that can handle the heavier SS valves you now have one heck of a heavy load in the valve train.

Stock OEM or aftermarket Titanium is the best way to go. Motor runs like designed, and OEM Ti is about $100 cheaper than SS.

You will need to get the valve seats on the cylinder head cut by a shop before installing the new valves. And if you do go with the OEM valves, be sure to replace the OEM valve springs as well since they are most likely worn, along with the valve seals.