winch for trx250?

i was wondering if a small winch would work on our 2008 trx250ex. it has a 123 watt alternator, not sure on the battery size but it has a 9 in the battery type, its double the size of the one on my bike. would this power a small winch? do they make any that this quad would power while its running? any info would help!

yeah i figured the engine would always have to be running, with lights off. im not sure how much reserve power it has. the ratchet winch looked cool, and i could see that it would be a cinch to mount, it has a curved mounting bracket. too bad it says its out of stock and they dont know when its coming back

Harbor Freight has a bunch of winches that would work. Just go to the web page and search for winch. You might have to fab a bracket for some of them but some are made for atv's and come with a bracket of some kind. They also have the manual one that was on amazon: http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=95541

yeah i figured the engine would always have to be running, with lights off. im not sure how much reserve power it has. the ratchet winch looked cool, and i could see that it would be a cinch to mount, it has a curved mounting bracket. too bad it says its out of stock and they dont know when its coming back

Try elsewhere. Lots of places carry them. Got mine from Rocky Mountain MC/ATV.

• 2 months later...