Sign in to follow this  

XR650L Exhaust Suggestions?

I have a XR650L and I want to jet obviously, and then exhaust...

I want it to be louder than stock, but not ridiculous.

Tunable would be great, or at least a silencer insert, and of course a spark arrestor.

Any one have any suggestions to what kind to get?

unbolt the exhaust, roll the bike out from under the exhaust and roll any other bike under the exhaust...then throw the exhaust away and your whole problem will be fixed......👍

just hassleing you hahaha.

the fmf q4 is a great muffler, a big gun with the quiet pack is also good.

on the xr bikes i used to see alot of supertraps or IMS e series with the discs but i have never been a fan

I had the FMF, it lasted about 10,000 miles. When it fell apart, I ground the welds down on the inside of the stock header, to increase the flow, then I removed the insert from the tip of the muffler. It seems to be the same, power.

It weighs more but since I ride to the beach in shorts, and sometimes in a wetsuit, I like having the heat shield.

Craig.

hey hammer...i was expecting you to slam me for knocking the brp 👍

you must be in a good mood🤣

btw KSE hammer loves his brp....brp= big red pig=honda xr600/650

an endearing term for xr's.

hammer knows his way around an brp

I just added a Q4 to my XRL last week. It doesn't seem much louder than stock, sound is much better, and the performance is actually felt in the seat. I had dave's mods done with the stock pipe originally...

ive got a xr's only exhaust and i love it sounds great and forestry compliant

and dont pay any atention to kellymac530 ktm guys have more money than taste

I just added a Q4 to my XRL last week. It doesn't seem much louder than stock, sound is much better, and the performance is actually felt in the seat. I had dave's mods done with the stock pipe originally...

The Q4 is a great sounding/performing silencer, it has a much nicer tone than the stock and barks with a twist of the throttle. You will feel an increase in the mid range, but nothing down low.

I had my XRL for sale and whilst selling it had a guy offer me money for some of the aftermarket goodies, one being the Q4. I had been riding the XRL since then til Friday when I sold it and I have to tell you, I really missed that Q4 sound and mid range power. I don't like the whsitling VW impression the stocker makes.

I agree with the q4 not too loud and sounds great too. Its way better than the stocker. I still have stock headpipe also.

I agree with the q4 not too loud and sounds great too. Its way better than the stocker. I still have stock headpipe also.

Yeah, keep that stock headpipe, don't get some other head pipe until you've done more serious interior work on the motor. You're wasting your money otherwise.

Im running the Ids2 from supertrapp and its nice , good look and sound not to loud but louder than stock . Im running 5 disks.