Sign in to follow this  

Sell The Bikes? I Need Your Help

Hey guys, I hve not been on here in a while, but I need suggestions to help me make a decision.

Next month, I'm going to be getting my license, and I need to buy a truck(For work, towing, etc.), and I have some money saved up, but not enough.

So this is why I'm here askin', should I clean up my 2006 YZ125 and my TT-R and sell them for that extra money? I'm gonna need the money and I'm going to need to buy a truck, and I hate to ask my parents for buying the truck, I like working for everything I have. I'm just wondering if you guys think I should sell the bikes, and although it won't be fun(of course), I can just buy a bike later...I do have a 1978 Yamaha IT175 that I am in the process of rebuilding, so I could ride that. Anyways, I'm just asking for suggestions, and if you guys could help me, I'd appreciate it.

Edited by briggzie09

sell the bikes, buy the truck, goto work and by another bike. You will find hard work pays off. and stay out of debt.

I wouldn't sell the bikes. But you would use the truck a lot more so the truck would be nice. I would sell the bikes get the truck then get another bike after.

sell the bikes, hell the IT is a fun bike, no rocket but still a load of fun. you can always get another bike later

What are you going to be towing? How big of a truck do you need? I would just sell the ttr and use the money you have saved up and buy a cheap truck.

What kind of work are you going to be doing? I sold my 125 for money and i regret it every day. Even though i have a 426 now. You should probly just get a small car and then get a hitch for it. Since you are only 16 the only work i can think that you would need hauling capacity for is landscaping or something. And a trailer behind a small car will work just fine. Hell, my 4 cylinder pontiac G6 does it just fine

That IT 175 will bring more than you think even if its a rebuilder. I would sell the TT-R and the IT and see what you got to spend. Look around in that price range and try to hold on to the YZ, but if you just got to have a better truck than sell the YZ. Lot of trucks out there, so that means if you just shop around and not buy the first one you look at just because you want a truck, you find that good deal in your price range. Good luck.

There's no good answer to this question.

It seems like you're in no real financial jeopardy, so I say keep everything! When you get older, you'll have more serious bills that will force you to sell your bikes, so while you've got the support of mom and pops for that roof and necessity bills, enjoy the freedom to buy what you want!

I know this goes without saying, but I'll say it because it hasn't been said. Bikes (and even a truck, over an econobox car + trailer) are luxuries, not necessities, so if you can't keep it all, you'll just have to settle for what the rest of us do: no bikes (yes, and no fun) until you've got a job that allows you to comfortably afford it.