08' CRF 250R Flat spot

When getting rid of the flat spot from off idle should I go with a smaller than stock leak jet or larger, I have heard mixed opinions. I have advanced the excelerator pump n still little flat just off of idle. Any suggestions?

Try adjusting mixture screw first.

I have tried to adjust fuel mixture all kinds of ways and rich or lean the off idle bogg doesn't change, but thanks. I have advances the accelerator pump and added a 48 idle jet and that helped a little I think I've just got to get the leak jet right or maybe boysen eccelerator pump cover with adjustable leak jet I've heard they work.

Dude. If you'll read the thread I posted it will fix your problem. I mean, considering I have an 07 CRF250R that had the same issue. The fix is in the link I provided you. It will help.

Also, you don't need to spend the money on a boysen "what ever". Follow William1's directions in the post I gave you and you'll not only fix your issue plus you'll learn more about 4s carbs as well.

Hope that helps, bro!!

Edited by motodogg01

• 10 months later...
When getting rid of the flat spot from off idle should I go with a smaller than stock leak jet or larger, I have heard mixed opinions. I have advanced the excelerator pump n still little flat just off of idle. Any suggestions?

smaller leak jet equals more fuel. yes you need to go to a 40 to cure the bog, the linkage was reverse on the 07 bikes, no o-ring mod possible or needed, also start with a 45 pilot at 1.5 turns and a 172 main jet