Sign in to follow this  

fresh topend

doing a fresh topend on my 94 wr250,, $283 for parts seems high to me. this is for all yamaha parts from here..wish i had a coupon or somthing.

What all are you replacing?

Often times the oem parts get really expensive after the bike is out of production for a few years. The aftermarket pistons can save a bunch of money. I've never cared much for the aftermarket gaskets, but the last base gasket I bought made me think twice abotu this.

Often times the oem parts get really expensive after the bike is out of production for a few years. The aftermarket pistons can save a bunch of money. I've never cared much for the aftermarket gaskets, but the last base gasket I bought made me think twice abotu this.

yeah, i was just looking into a cometic top end set. piston rings are almost $ 100, plus the piston also around $100.

PROBLEM is cometic doesnt list a gasket set for a 94 wr250 anyone know if a yz set will do for the same year ???

missed the question,,

piston,rings,circlips,top bearing,needed gaskets for the job, that is all

i think i just pulled this old WR250 apart for the first time but it still looks great, piston/cylinder..

really seems like its all stock--untouched, its a pretty clean old bike but dam. i guess ive rode it more than anyone, not surprising after a few 15 minute plug fouls when i bought it, bout 4 years ago. got the carb sorted and its been dead reliable.👍