Sign in to follow this  

collar on driven shaft question

so putting my 2005 kx250 back together today and i ran into a snag where i was having trouble getting my crank cases back together

the issue turned out to be the collar on the driven shaft of the transmission was in the way (the one with a groove on the inside for an o-ring to sit and from the diagram there is another o-ring that butts up against it next to the drive sprocket)

so my question is just to make sure ....... does the collar go on the external part of the driven shaft with both o-rings or one o-ring on the inside and one o-ring on the outside ?

so putting my 2005 kx250 back together today and i ran into a snag where i was having trouble getting my crank cases back together

the issue turned out to be the collar on the driven shaft of the transmission was in the way (the one with a groove on the inside for an o-ring to sit and from the diagram there is another o-ring that butts up against it next to the drive sprocket)

so my question is just to make sure ....... does the collar go on the external part of the driven shaft with both o-rings or one o-ring on the inside and one o-ring on the outside ?

http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/Module/Main/TypeID/26/Type/Motorcycle/MakeID/3/Make/Kawasaki/YearID/46/Year/2005/ModelID/4235/Model/KX250/GroupID/331665/Group/Transmission_

both on the inside

k yeah the parts fiche is what im using but my main problem is it doesnt show the bearing where the shaft comes through the case to the sprocket...... so looking at that diagram would it go snap ring, sprocket, collar,o-ring, bearing (not shown in the diagram), o-ring, collar, and gears ?

snap ring, sprocket, sprocker collar,o-ring is correct. I personally would put the sprocket collar and o-rings in after I get the case back together. be sure to install the recessed side of the sprocket collar facing the o-rings.