Go a Jet Size Up After Hotcam? xr650l

i installed a hotcam stage one on my xr650l and the idle is pretty rough. i can hear it pop a little at idle. when i twist the throttle hard its not much bog. but i get quite a bit of popping on decel. im running a 55 and 160. i have a k&n filter with all the other uncorked stuff. and fmf megamax with 6 disks in. any ideas guys? thanks. im getting larger pilots (58 and 60) and uni filter. what should i be running?

I have an Eddy, and I had to go up two needle sizes. I haven't had much time to sort it out but that seems to be the case.

On a side note in my experience of engine work - less cylinder pressure means richer jetting. The HotCam with it's longer duration etc. provides less cylinder pressure.

When I've done big bore kits on 4 cylinder motorcycle motors I've had to actually lean out the jetting because of the higher compression pistons.

These are just my observations from experience.

well i did the whole let the bike idle adjust the fuel mixture screw till it starts to bog down. then backed it out a 1/4 turn. and still having a problem. i also noticed when i ride around the idle goes up after it warms up. so i have to turn it down a little. and when i start it up from a cold start i have to turn the idle up to get it to idle high enough to stay running.

I noticed that with my Stage two,At idle it would act if it was a bit lean and do the (lean like) flame out once a day or so.I'd just put it off as cylinder presure being lower and turned up the idle. I finally put a Edel pumper on and ALL problems went away.Hmmmm.