09' 450 EFI issue question

Guys, if there is no spark in the sparkplug when kicking over why could that be? It's not a case of a fouled plug neither. We put a new plug in and still no spark!

We are in process of diagnosising why my bike died on the track after re-mapping the bike. Something electrical is going on and can't figure it out!

A friend with the 09 Honda said he just went through the same problem and that the diagnosis on his bike was the connector wire to the ECU--that one of the pins was loose. Pins in my wire all seem fine....­čĹŹ

Are you sure there is no spark? It could be a fuel problem as well. If the bike ran after you did the re-map then I doubt it has anything to do with that other then maybe one of the connectors or wires were damaged. If you are sure it is spark, the first thing I would check is the coil. Also, if the bike is totally dead, that makes it easier to solve (then intermittent problem). I don't know if you know anyone else with that bike but you may want to try and swap out the CDI and the coil to see if that is it. Swapping electrical items is always the easiest and your local race shop may be able to help as you don't need to ride the bike at the track, you only need to get it to run and you can do that in the parking lot (CDI anyway) so maybe they can loan you something to try. If not the CDI or coil I would check the kill switch connections and maybe even disconnect it. If not that, then I would look to the stator and pickup coils but I highly doubt that to be the problem.

• 2 months later...

I just had this same problem at the mammoth mx, i had kawi remap my ecu, reinstalled and the bike was totally dead, after 3 hours of the kawi savior diagnosing it, he found that it was the harness. If you take the gas tank off there is a bracket on the left framerail that three connectors clip onto, that bracket wore through the insulation and it fried the wiring harness, we were able to see the arc on the bracket. I hope this helps