Sign in to follow this  

Let's see some unique mods for the 350!

OK OK I'll start!

Had this machined out of 1/4'' aluminum sheet metal to replace the cheesy plastic stock one. I polished it for some bling bling too. If you look close, you'll see me snapping the pic. My brake caliper feels much safer now. Much betta!

Your turn! 👍

7-5-09017.jpg

Not so much Bling factor as Grinn🤣 factor , heres my 39mm fcr mx with Ram air pod and R&D Flexjet, fitted to a ported head and 441cc jug on 1991 350s, she also has a gold DID 525 fitted with 15x44 gearing but dont have any pics

39mmfcr3.jpg

Next project stubby this old gsxr can to 33mm long and have a custom header made to suit 👍

quill.jpg

Not so much Bling factor as Grinn 🙂 factor , heres my 39mm fcr mx with Ram air pod and R&D Flexjet, fitted to a ported head and 441cc jug on 1991 350s

QUOTE]

sounds fuuuunnnnn

👍 its fantastic well worth the money half the fun is doing the mods though heres the gsxr can stubbyfied just need to get the header made up now then start re-jetting all over again🤣

stubbyquill1.jpg

Haven't really done too many yet, other than a license plate relocation. Pretty common. Anyhow, does ditching the air box and putting a foam filter on the carb like cyrusgsxr did on his make a big difference? Also would I need to re-jet? Joker, what did you do to your exhaust?

I opened it up, got rid of all the extra junk inside(it lost about 7-8 lbs), and shortened it up a bunch. It was a good 5-6 hrs work but really worth it.

I opened it up, got rid of all the extra junk inside(it lost about 7-8 lbs), and shortened it up a bunch. It was a good 5-6 hrs work but really worth it.

thats deffo a stubby lol 👍 joker good way to get rid of all that excess baggage, id do same if i could weld , the stubby in the pic above weighs 3.2 lbs dunno how much the original dr350 silencer weighs bet its the heaviest exhaust on the planet tho .

Quote Anyhow, does ditching the air box and putting a foam filter on the carb like cyrusgsxr did on his make a big difference? Also would I need to re-jet?

Drnut the only reason i did this was because it was the cheapest easy fix after fitting the new jug , porting the head and new carb etc my carb is a keihin fcr39mm which is completely different size from any of the standard dr 350 mikuni carbs hence i couldnt re-connect the air box boot , it is not a good idea to fit one of these too your dr unless you have done a lot of mods to the engine , in which case you need to re-jet anyway, I plan to re-connect the carb too AN airbox at some point in the future possibly a crf or drz box , trouble is i dont yet know if these boxes would even fit inside the Dr frame ? i may need to buy the boot from one of these 2 bikes and then mod the original box to accom the new boot ??

Anyone supermotod the dr ? would like to know what size wheels fit ?? also what can be done to help the crap front brake anyone modded that yet ??