Sign in to follow this  

Why isnt my '08 seat going on correct, ITS ANOYINGGGGGGG!!!!

i got an '08 crf450r and i have taken the seat off a few times, its easy, 2 bolts, and i know how to take it on and off, but today i was bored and decided to check the air filter and just quickly see how dirty it was.

and then i went to put the seat back on, it went on easy and i slid the seat all the way up so the bolts and holes match up, which seams obvious enough, there is no other way of screwing the bolts in with out matching the holes up, and doing that cause the problem (read on).

but if it is slid all the way up, lots of stuff is showing which wasnt / shouldnt be showing, like i can almost see the top of the air box and some of the frame which I KNOW FOR A FACT I COULDNT SEE BEFORE, 100% SURE (even from a few meters behind the bike i notice a difference).

i took it off and on and off an on like 10 times, i can not figure it out for the life of me, any one help if u had the same problem, i have no idea whats going on

I can assume that you have both the section of the seat attached to the round "peg" on the tank AND also the clip on the bottom of the seat (about mid way on the seat base) slid into the frame recess?

My guess is that the mid way clip is not seated properly. It will cause the middle to rise up.

Take a look at the seat base before installing and you'll see it.

Just a guess.

Make sure that it's catching at the tank and the subframe. Start by making sure it's catching at the tank then slide it all the way up. Pull up on the seat at both points. If it lifts up, you didn't get it on right.

If it's catching correctly, which I doubt, post a couple pics.

yep i know about the round thing which hooks on to the tank.

and im sort of sure about the other thing under the circle hook thats also under the seat, is it more square-ish in shape? (its more south of the tank hook?)

what is that meant to hook on to?

the seat has two places to hook before the bolts go on. Are you done with the brakes?

yer i done the brakes today, easy as pie!!:lol::thumbsup::):applause:

what is that meant to hook on to?[/color][/b]

Hooks onto the subframe.

One of my CRF250Rs did this and I have no idea why. Both tabs were hooked up normally but there would be about a 0.5" gap under the rear of the seat.... I just pressed down hard on the top of the seat while tightening the two bolts, solved that.

Make sure that it's catching at the tank and the subframe. Start by making sure it's catching at the tank then slide it all the way up. Pull up on the seat at both points. If it lifts up, you didn't get it on right.

If it's catching correctly, which I doubt, post a couple pics.

Mine was doing the same thing when I installed my "shorty" SDG seat today. I could almost see right through the bike under the seat. I missed catching the clip in the center. Thnaks for the help on mine too.:thumbsup: I bet the OP is having the same problem I was.

Mine was doing the same thing when I installed my "shorty" SDG seat today. I could almost see right through the bike under the seat. I missed catching the clip in the center. Thnaks for the help on mine too.:thumbsup: I bet the OP is having the same problem I was.

yes i am having the same problem as you and soon ill go to my garage and try solve it thanks to all you guys's help, thanks alot everyone:worthy: