Sign in to follow this  

Massachusetts Thinking about a trip to Southwick

Get a good sand tire front and rear. Learn to ride faster than you want to stay on top of the sand. Watch your entry speed into the corner and you front brake. Go to the practice sessions and ride with or follow someone around for a lap or two. Keep your weight back and the throttle is your best friend, front brake, not so much. Oh yea the best part is just when you think you have the track figured out it will change every lap. Ruts that wern't there a lap before will swallow you up fast. Southwick may be one of the only tracks that time and races here will help you in the long run. You start to learn where the ruts will form and where the smooth lines will be. Save energy and don't fight the track, it will come to you if you are patient. Relax and have fun there. it it one of the best tracks I have ever raced. People are friendly for the most part and will help if possible. The first track days will be packed and frustrating at best. Ride and enjoy. I'm sure others will chime in on this one. If it's dry and hot I hope you like to eat sand and CHOKE and GAG all day.

Yeah, I'm good with sand tracks. A couple times a year we have a MX race on the beach down in Wildwood.

I'm more looking for facility info. What time do people usually get there? Do they run quads the same day or no?

I can't tell you about racing, but the track is awesome - my fav hands down.

Did you race there yesterday Jay?

No. I'm going to plan a trip to go race there over the summer. I raced Budds Creek 2 weeks ago, had a blast.

No. I'm going to plan a trip to go race there over the summer. I raced Budds Creek 2 weeks ago, had a blast.

You should of came, the weather couldnt of been better, track was in perfect shape..well as perfect as that track can get, everything went really smooth all day.

Do they run quads the same day as bikes?

Nope, quads get their own day.

I'd love to head up there sometime myself, but I usually have at least one nearby track to choose from each Sunday. I wish they had an amateur race the same weekend as the national like Unadilla does. Put that race on your summer calendar for sure!