Sign in to follow this  

New to the Husky World

Well I sold the ole DRZ 400 and bought myself a sweet new to me 2006 TE 450. This is my first Husky so wondering if there is anything special I should know about this bike. It only has 1500 km's on it, so it is still pretty fresh.

I am hoping to get it on the road sometime this spring. Where is a good spot to buy a UFO kit for this bike.

Anything else I should know, looking forward to hanging out in the Husky forum instead of the Suzuki one!!!!!!

Hey, welcome to the fraternity my friend!

Now start posting.

BlipBlip/Huskyrips:thumbsup:

Welcome! Your new bike will require a bit more maintenance than the DRZ. You will be rewarded with DRZ-humbling performance and versatility. And, you went from blah to bling! You will be pleased with how easy and fun it is to work on. Check valves more often, change oil more often.

Not sure UFO offers full kit. I think Cemoto does. There is a popular USA distributor, do a search or someone else will chime in.

Hey congrats on your new to you Husky. We have three now and love them. I did let a new friend ride my bikes and he has now placed an order for a new WR125. He let me ride his DRZ 400 and I can clearly see why he wanted a lighter woods bike.

I have an 06 TE 450 bought new in 07. it has 3800 kms on it. I have replaced the front suspension seals once at 2500 Kms, front and rear pads once, a new battery and had the valves checked 3 times (still in spec). It has the OEM pipe (my mates give me heaps about it sounding like a husky lawn trimmer) as the bike punches out enough grunt. In addition I replaced the radiator shrouds and rear side covers once (I fall off a bit). It is on its secong rear and second front sprocket and chain. This bike has been a real gem and not one thing has broken. I have only replaced consumables. never had a flat either-most people dont know but Husky stock tubes are nearly heavy duty.

Non OEM bits; bash plate, bark busters, pipe guard, rear disk fin.

Maintenance schedule. Change oil after every third full day ride, change oil filter at every second oil change. Change the air filter when needed-I inspect it after every ride.

regrease the head and swing arm bearings every 10 months. Every time the wheels come off ie new chain, swing arm regrease or new tyres I clean and repack the wheel bearings-still on the originals and still no sign of wear or lateral movement.

Wash bike after every ride and blow dry with air gun and wd 40 a lot of bits, put on a silicone based spray and polish off. Finally put some chain lube on. She is then put to bed with a nice trickle charge on.

PS about every oil filter changes I wd 40 the spoke nipples and take them up a whisker.

As said this bike has been as honest as the day is long. I cannot tell you how much pay back I get with my KTM friends who always seem to have minor glitches like oil dissapearing, bearings seizing and head shake.

Well I am hoping to be in the same boat. I have a DRZ400 now, and I am looking to move to a TE 450 or 510. I have a few that I am looking at right now. Keep your fingers crossed, hopefully I will find something soon. I am looking at 05/06 models....anything to worry about, should I look for newer, I am looking to stay around $3000 mark.

Thanks.