Sign in to follow this  

Hotstart causing the bike to die

hey guys, just got a local mechanic I know to get my hotstart unstuck. He got it unstuck but now when I pull the hotstart in say if the bike is running then it will shut off the bike if i hold it for about 2 seconds. I thought normally it should cause the bike to rev higher? am I right? Anyways wondering what could be causing this thanks

Errr...it leans the hell out of the mixture due to a great deal of extra (unfiltered!) air entering the carb.

Why on earth would you want to pull your hot START with the bike running?

• Like 1

Im just wondering if its actually fixed.. so its suppost to shut the bike off when pulled in?

Well if it leans it out enough it def COULD stall. Ive never actually pulled mine while the bike was running though. But I would say If the bike runs fine normally and then dies when you pull the lever its obviously NOT stuck open or else the bike would not run right

Errr...it leans the hell out of the mixture due to a great deal of extra (unfiltered!) air entering the carb.

Why on earth would you want to pull your hot START with the bike running?

The air is actually filtered, it just passes through the carb without any extra gas, causing a lean condition.

How is it filtered?

Maybe we aren´t thinking of the same thing, but once the air has passed the air filter it is "filtered".

Pumasforpets said the air coming through the hotstart was "unfiltered", I was just commenting on it because the air is lead through through a passage in the carb.

But it is still filtered...

Via through the filter?

Are you yanking my chain or are you pulling my leg?👍