"Jingle" noise taking off from a stop

Going to throw this out there just in case it happens to be something someone else has dealt with.

My '94 XR650L will make a "jingle" as I pull away from a stop, once the clutch is all the way out, but at fairly low rpm as the bike picks up speed. Does it pretty much everytime unless I really, really pussyfoot taking off.

It must be something about the vibrations at that speed at that rpm. Sounds like a washer jingling on a really loose bolt. I've looked it over top to bottom and can't find anything that would be making that sound. The weirdest part is that whatever it is, sounds really loose to "jingle" like that, but yet it only makes the noise in first gear taking off from a stop. The sound to me is almost too crisp and clear to be coming from inside the motor, but I supposed I could be wrong there.

It really doesn't sound catastrophic or anything, just annoying mostly (unless something really is about to fall off!).

Anyone ever dealt with something similar or have an idea where to look? Really hard to diagnose myself. All I can say from where it sounds like it's coming from is "under me".

I've checked the levers and tried the trick with putting the front brake back on (seeing if it was brake pads rattling). No keychain (I despise them rattling around!).

I'll check into the brake pivot, that's a good idea. I've had the skidplate on and off several times and have ridden it with the skidplate off, still there.

Does make me feel better that someone else has the "jingle"!

I also have the "jingle" and have searched more then once.

->dumb story: I thumped my back tire while I had it up on my lift and it made that jingle,so I thought "ah,ha It's making the jingle now I can track it down" well, the "jingle" turned out to be a removable handle pin on the lift...so the search continues.

Hmmmm...I just had a thought, I wonder if the lock shaft for the steering lock has enough play in it to jingle? or part of the steering lock? I may have to Investigate.

+1 more with the obligatory jingle. Have looked more times than I can keep track of, but never can find it. The only thing I can come up with is the money that I am loosing through the gas tank. Every time I twist the throttle. use more gas which in turn causes me to put more gas in. Kinda like the cash registrar bell ringing when a sale is made.

Well, if nothing else, I definitely feel better that there's others hearing the same thing. Makes me feel pretty confident it doesn't have anything to do with a mod I've made along the way.

I need to look at the parts diagram for the clutch, I wonder if there's a judder spring or something in there that could be doing it.

The reason I ask if it goes away with front brake applied is that the pads can be sitting in the caliper loose. If the spring clip under the pads at the pin end is not holding the pads in tension, the pads will rattle. When you insert the pin you need to have to press the pads in against the spring clip tension in order to align/insert pin.

Edited by Trailryder42

My mirrors (jc whitney cheapies) and my keys make all kinds of noise. I bought louder exhaust (Q4) and it seems to have gone away. ? But I have heard that noise you're speaking of, or some variation of it.

Same with my truck, when I hear a noise, I listen for a bit to try and identify, then just drown it out with the stereo...