Sign in to follow this  

IMS Range

Does anyone know roughly the range of the 4 gal IMS tank before tipping over bike to slosh gas to petcock side?

Narrow it down - bike,motor,type of riding.

To save from havin to stop and tip,, just wheelie to slosh !

XRL, desert, forest, highway. I realize 35/40 mpg depending, but how much of the 4 gal can you actually use? I want the Aderbis big tank but for now this is what I gots!!

I have an IMS 4 gal on my XR600. It takes four gallons when filled to the very brim. There is also a bit I can't use when empty. I call it a 3.8 gallon tank. When the left side is dry there is a quart or at most two left on the right side. call it 3.4 gallons before tipping the bike over. That should give you 120 miles at 35 mpg.

I don't usually get 35mpg. I've had to richen up my bike due to the tendency to ping even with stock 9:1 compression. I can get as low as 25mpg in the worst case conditions, but 33 or so is more normal.

I have an IMS 4 gal on my XR600. It takes four gallons when filled to the very brim. There is also a bit I can't use when empty. I call it a 3.8 gallon tank. When the left side is dry there is a quart or at most two left on the right side. call it 3.4 gallons before tipping the bike over. That should give you 120 miles at 35 mpg.

I don't usually get 35mpg. I've had to richen up my bike due to the tendency to ping even with stock 9:1 compression. I can get as low as 25mpg in the worst case conditions, but 33 or so is more normal.

120 makes me a little nervous on most of my rides. Do you think it's possible to drill & put tube in right side, make a crosseover & tee into the main line?