05 crf250r

Advise me please!

Just sold my CR250R and am really in the market for a KTM 300 but I know guy through work who has an 05CRF250R that he and he bought brand new in late 05 for him and his son. They shortly after lost interest and the bike has been mostly sitting for the bast 4 years. I would guess it has less than 30 hrs on it and probably more likely less than 25 or 20. He is asking $1800 or best offer for it and can probably get it closer to $1500.

I ride mostly trails and some harescrambles and my CR250R's forks beat the crap out of me. I never had a revalve done on it. How is the stock suspension on the 05's? From what I have read in DR, it seemthe Hondas suspension is typically more stiff than other MX brands such as Yamaha. I have ridden a stock YZ250F on the trails and felt very comfortable in a matter minutes except for how the owner had it set up.

Will this CRF250R make a decent woods bike? How is the lowend power on this year's bike? How are the ergonomics of this bike? I am 6' 4" and weigh about 220 in gear.

Thanks for any advice.

i have heard bad things about hondas 05 and older about having problems with the valves and such.... but i have also heard not everyone has those issues.... and being 6 foot 4... just about any bike is guna be kinda weird...

"and being 6 foot 4... just about any bike is guna be kinda weird... "

You are right about that but some bikes are more conducive for taller riders and I don't know if CRF250s are one of them. The biggest problem is I have a 6' mans torso and a 6'8" guys legs!!

I've ridden an 04 CRF250R in the woods and the motor has enough steam. I'm 6'2" and 250 lbs. I just got a 07 YZ250F and the ergos are definitely larger than the CRF but not by much. I installed a new triple clamp that moves the bars fwd and up. You can also get taller seats and lower footpegs. IMO, $1500 is a great buy with the low hours on it.