Sign in to follow this  

Ok, I take back what I said about the FCR carb.

There I said it!

Since someone's(blockpass270) has decided to part out his Z, I decided to snag his coveted FCR carb from him, and give it a go. 👍

Improved throttle response throughout," is what the best description that I remember someone saying.🤣

Anyhow, I've always been a minimalist, but so here's my honest opinion about the FCR carb.🙂

"Seat-in-pants" improvement? Almost. Noticeable difference from the BSR carb. I know I had the stock BSR carb setup nicely, in combination with the SSW/MRD exhaust, and I noticed a definite difference.:applause: FCR & SSW/MRD makes a great combination. I could live with this setup for the lifetime of my DR-Z.:jawdrop:

Is the "whoaa factor" worth $600? No, atleast in my book. If you are deciding whether to get a pipe or the FCR first, I'd definitely get the pipe first.

Now, if you've got deep pockets and want the FCR carb, and must have it. I would recommend getting it through SSW. It will be modded and jetted according to your bike and your place where you ride. Straight bolt-on, same cost as the other places you can them from, even directly from Sudco. Only makes sense, right?

I would recommend getting it through SSW. It will be modded and jetted according to your bike and your place where you ride. Straight bolt-on, same cost as the other places you can them from, even directly from Sudco. Only makes sense, right?

I thought ThumperTalk was the preferred vendor, since their "kit" includes all the parts you need in addition to the basic carb?

Pretty much the same thing, since the kit was developed by SSW.

What^^Harvey^^said.👍

You still have to do minor mods to the one that comes from TT, such as "o-ring/wire mod, etc., etc."🤣

I did the Merge spring mod on mine. 👍

The FCR is literally the gateway to more power.

I swapped the pipe first because I hated the look of the stock one, the pipe I liked meant I'd lose 2.5kg of high up weight and gained a few hp.

But like you I had a very well setup BSR before I got my FCR kit.

I thought ThumperTalk was the preferred vendor, since their "kit" includes all the parts you need in addition to the basic carb?

i sell the same thing only i personally set up each carb.

i dont stock them in the large quantity tt does though.

I agree to all of the above 👍

Hey Cesar........you still won't get me on the straight away at Grange 🙂

We'll see about that, Gramma. That's ok, I'll quickly catch you in the corners.

I'm not telling you anymore of my "go fast" secrets.🤣

Good stuff about the FCR. Very similar to my experience.

We'll see about that, Gramma. That's ok, I'll quickly catch you in the corners.

I'm not telling you anymore of my "go fast" secrets.👍

Well you did let the one secret slip out ......your Thong 🙂

But I have gotten better at riding🤣 and I am OLD and Female :applause:

Well you did let the one secret slip out ......your Thong 🙂

Hey, I'll take every advantage I can get to stay ahead of you.:applause:😏

But I have gotten better at riding🤣 and I am OLD and Female :jawdrop:

That's no excuse, Gramma.👍

As Mr. Bender said, "you mess with the bull, you get the horn.":lol:

i sell the same thing only i personally set up each carb.

i dont stock them in the large quantity tt does though.

Carb is the way to go with this shi**Y economy. More bang for the buck.

Isn't that what everbody wants?

More for their money?

Hey, I'll take every advantage I can get to stay ahead of you.:cheers:😏

That's no excuse, Gramma.👍

As Mr. Bender said, "you mess with the bull, you get the horn.":lol:

HAHAHA................

Come up here in May the Mr. Booty :nana: .... I need to get my other bike ready for some track time 🙂

Is Debi hot?🤣

ahhhhh........ I'm like old ....so I would say...NOPE :jawdrop: ..... but I used to be when I played Volleyball and was in shape...now I'm just old and a Gramma :applause:

Carb is the way to go with this shi**Y economy. More bang for the buck.

Isn't that what everbody wants?

More for their money?

I disagree completely. The MRD/SSW has proven to outperform the FCR...even with a lesser aftermarket pipe already installed.

Edited by MutualBill

Update:

Here's more of my honest opinion about the FCR, if you really care to know.👍

I ride in the "off" setting when riding the streets. I know some do not know how to select the "on/off" button while riding on the street. Just sayin'! :headscratch:

Anyhow, I just rode my bike with the FCR yesterday on the track, and if you want to hang with the big boys, or even want to keep them in sight, "FCR is a must."

Otherwise, the "stock" bsr carb will suffice for your street riding.

Just waiting for "blockpass270" to upload the video taken from camera on my helmet.

Update:

Here's more of my honest opinion about the FCR, if you really care to know.👍

I ride in the "off" setting when riding the streets. I know some do not know how to select the "on/off" button while riding on the street. Just sayin'! :headscratch:

Anyhow, I just rode my bike with the FCR yesterday on the track, and if you want to hang with the big boys, or even want to keep them in sight, "FCR is a must."

Otherwise, the "stock" bsr carb will suffice for your street riding.

Just waiting for "blockpass270" to upload the video taken from camera on my helmet.

Off Setting???? Are you just saying that you don't ride hard on the street but kick up your riding on the track?

I had a bone stock 400S and added the FCR & MRD/SSW at the same time. While the boost in power wasn't worth the price spent for these two items, it did make the bike more fun to ride. It may have a bit more power now but I really don't feel it's that much. My front wheel still stays planted on the road. I've read soooo many threads that claim the front lifts off the ground in any gear after the FCR. Whatever.... I come out of turns now and then and hit it as hard as I can and I get no lift. My bike responds very well and is instant when I hit the throttle, but it's not a beast that will buck you off if you're not hanging on.

I added an E intake cam shortly after. It added some power off the line but I feel it too some off the top. I plan on switching to a pair of HotCams asap. I don't ride much dirt yet I bought the S model????? I recently converted it to an SM and love it but still plan to trail ride so I kept my S wheels. I'm hoping that the HotCams will give me a good balance in my power so it will be great for street and trail. We shall see.