Sign in to follow this  

06-09 250f's

on my 07 250f, the top motor mounts are completely in the way for getting at the head/top of the carb. anyone ever remove these? permanantly, not just to work on it. i am just curious as to if these motor mounts stabilize anything to the point it would be really stupid/really dangersous to ride without them on the bike. all this would just be to make maintence easier/faster.

ya but depending what ur workin on that doesnt really matter. for me(big hands) its easiest to remove the top motor mounts to pull the valve cover off to check/adjust valves or to adjust the needle clip in the carb. removing the subframe wouldnt help in either of those cases

If you pull the rear subframe then you can pull the carb directly behind the shock to work on it (provided cables and hoses are detached).

well you have to remove the motor mounts to get to the valves...

you should beable to get to the main jet and pilot with out turning turning the carb. and you might even beable to get to the needle with out removing the mounts. but i know for a fact with the right tools you can easily get the main out and the pilot jets.

i dont know im sure you could run it with out it but depending on your speed it will affect the handing of the bike and most likely it will put alot more stress on the bottom mounts since there is nothing holding the top...

ya the main nd pilot are fine the way they are. once the needle is in a good spot it shouldnt need to be changed anyway. it was just a thought i had cause i pop the head off all the time cause im picky pick about valves. but the few extra bolts are second nature to me anyway at this point so its not a big deal. with the new frame on my 10 450tho wow! head maintanence is a breaze in comparison lol